Thread: New Radio acting weird..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Radio acting weird..

Ok, i have just put in a new head unit into my car its a LG LAC4700R and it seems to be acting up and i cant think of any reason why it not working rite... maybe i have nocked a wire loose or something...

Ok, it will work on for a little while, then all of a sudden it will come up with a message saying "Tel Mute" but the thing is... its not bluetooth and it does not even have a telephone function...

And also, when i press any of the buttons on the steering control it comes up with this message, but as it is only pluged in by the standard ISO connection how is it even picking up the buttons being pressed...

I thought the 3rd conection on the car ISO plug was the steering controles and such...

Also the rear left woofer is not working, which leads me to think i may have pulled the ISO cable abit much and made the other end loose... does it even have another end that could be made loose? haha

Thanks alot all!

Keith

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    1. The radio has a tel mute anyway, it must be "earthing" behind the head unit, pull stereo out and identify which is tel. mute cable andinsulate it with tape.
    2. Could be that as the LG doesn't have a wiring loom with it that there may be a mis-match from the VX plug to the stereo which is causing these problems, e.g power from steering remote connecting to tel. mute.

Verdict, as daft as it sounds, buy yourself a pc2-4-4 which is essentially an iso to iso cable, doing this will give you abit more play with your cables and also let you get a good luck at whats connecting to what rather than just sticking it in because it fits.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got myself an ISO to ISO cable and astardised it and there were 3 wires connected to the HU that are not actualy used and after removing these all is good!!

and fixed my speedo too as with it just pluged directly in made it stop working... weird... ahh well ALL IS GOOD!

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefo View Post
    and fixed my speedo too as with it just pluged directly in made it stop working... weird... ahh well ALL IS GOOD!
    That'll be because it (obviously) controls the speed sensor that would have automatically turned your standard stereo up when you go faster.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahhhhh masy have been obvious to some but i didnt even know it had that feature :-p haha