Thread: Jonah Lomu amps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jonah Lomu amps

Just wondering if anyone knows much about these amps as Google doesn't bring up much help

I've been offered 2 of these amps, one of them is a 2500w D-Class mono block amp, and the other one can drive 2 sets of components.

I've been offered both amps at a very cheap price, but wanted some more info on them first. I guy who I work with at a part time job (he also does it part time) is running a car audio business for the last 14 years.

They are also supplied in the padded foam flight cases

Here is some piccies, not of the actualy ampa but of the same type which I found on the net:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm havnt heard of them before but dont like that chrome plate on their.

I would take that off if it was me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Fusion, not much more to say tbh.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very good amps for the money especially the Mono amps for subs. Bear in mind that these were designed for you guessed it Jonah Lomu, who is a bit of an SPL fanatic and it should answer any question you may have. In other words as sub amps and for amps that can drive your speakers hard they will do the trick. They are not necessarily the last word in finnesse but then again they were not designed for that.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    Very good amps for the money especially the Mono amps for subs. Bear in mind that these were designed for you guessed it Jonah Lomu, who is a bit of an SPL fanatic and it should answer any question you may have. In other words as sub amps and for amps that can drive your speakers hard they will do the trick. They are not necessarily the last word in finnesse but then again they were not designed for that.
    From what I've read, I can fully understand what you're saying!

I know the guy used them for sound competitions, but I'm after quality aswel and loudness

I decided to get them from him, and they are amazing in terms of looks, and bloddy heavy! Just need the rest of the kit and to wire them up, but he is going to supply the cable he used for the competitions for me dirt cheap so that's good

Is running the power cable down the left side of th ecar, the RCA's down the middle and the speaker wires downt he right hand side a good idea?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAstra View Post
    Fusion, not much more to say tbh.
    have u actually heard any of the higher end fussion equipment?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jonah lomu had the loudest car sound system in the southen hymisphere (spelling) for ages

so i would imagine he wouldnt put his name to a poor product

like basil said they are no doubt designed for power!!
    Astra Se2 coupe

"Love it and shove it and dance around the bucket"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmontandon View Post
    have u actually heard any of the higher end fussion equipment?
    Yes, i've heard quite abit of it and stuck my head inside a few of their demo cars. It's loud but i wasn't as impressed as i was with other equipment in the price range.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAstra View Post
    Yes, i've heard quite abit of it and stuck my head inside a few of their demo cars. It's loud but i wasn't as impressed as i was with other equipment in the price range.
    each to there ownt hen
    glad your not just stereotyping fusion just because they sell in the crap we call halfords
    im impressed with the nv subs and amps, and was impressed that it only costs £200 for both, considerin its 1000rms, i couldnt find much better for that price

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stevesastra - I'm glad that your not generalising them I can only find good things on the net about them, not 1 bad thing mentioned that I've found do far!

Here is an update, I've got the amps (heavy buggers they are!), getting the sub (Kicker 12" Solar Baric) towards the end of the month and the components at the start of next month. Tomorrow I'm getting wood supplies to start doing the boot build, ordering a fibreglass kit to start making the sub enclosure (it needs to be around 0.87 cubic feet) and start getting the amps mounted ready. I'm also going to be ordering a good distribution block, not sure which one yet, but I'm after a quality one rather then one with a cheap price tag. I should also have the wiring within a week or 2, I'm going for 2awg tripple shielded for the power and ground cables. As my rear parking sensor kit is housed in the little first aid kit space in the left hand side of the boot, I'm probably going to build that into the boot install as well.

I'm planning on building the 2 sides, then have the floor holding them in place. That way I can remove the floor, and get at the spare wheel, or remove the floor, remove the sides and get access to the rear lights easily

I'll post piccies of it when it's coming together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast