Thread: Sony PSP or DS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Sony PSP or DS

me i am looking for a toy toplay with at work i have long shifts for the next few weeks with a 4 hour brake
    not a lot todo so i am looking at getting a small thing to play on
    do i buy a psp or a DS ???

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've used Kirsty's old DS and never got on with the buttons and touchscreen combo. Love the PSP though, and there's some good games out there for it too.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've got both and would say the psp is a million times better. you can watch films,play decent games with decent graphics and if you have a big enough memory card play music and store pics aswell.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Psp, you can do loads more with them compared to the ds. Take a look at www.psp-hacks.com. If you dont fancy cracking the frimware you can use the browers to load portals and have 1000s of mini games lol. Or if you have access to wi fi you can browse aoc like I used to at work with my old one

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    psp for me 2

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Both are pritty much point less now but I use the psp on holidays for movies.

BTW I have a 3.90 M33 psp phat that I'll sell for £50 if you pay p&p (all leads and manuals+32mb card+box(the box is a rear site nowadays))
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree with whats been said here, although my PSP only gets used as an alarm clock now

The games on the PSP are more in depth and enjoyable IMO, when i got my PSP the mobile video/music was really useful for killing time at work. Then once the firmware was hacked for versions above 2.01 i actually started really playing the games, and when the PS1 playing firmware was updated i converted a few PS1 games i owned on to it and couldn't put it down again.

My younger sister has got a DS with an R4 cartridge which i've played on a lot (someone needed to set it up before her birthday Had it for about a month) and didn't find any games i really got in to other than the Phoenix Wright games, even the new mario game i didn't enjoy, was a bad attempt at reviving a classic. Would rather play the classics (hell i did! on the PSP As well as the sonic games for the mega drive)

Actually the first Phoenix games originally came out on the GBA, not sure if that was only in japan though. If they came out in US/Euro then you could play them on the PSP

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have both, and i would say the psp is better,

more games, do more on it, better quaility

PSP all the way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I had my psp it was used more as a multi media device than a sole gaming machine. Overall I think the psp is a far superior machine. If your looking at a psp and wanted crack the firmware I would take AJB2K3 up on his offer because the new psp slim and lites are a bitch to crack.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey AJB2
    whats 3.90 M33 psp mean?
    tilly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast