Thread: oil filters

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oil filters

What colour is a genuine Vauxhall oil filter for a Zafira?
    I bought an air filter, pollen filter, and oil filter from Autovaux, as I wanted genuine parts, and they were cheaper than Vauxhall. I'm sure they are a genuine company, but I want to check the Vauxhall filter on the car, against the one I received.
    When my parcel arrived the pollen and air filter weren't badged with any Vauxhall logo, and come in a plain white box, and the oil filter, while it is in a Vauxhall badged box, is grey, whereas the one I'm taking off is white. The car was serviced at a dealer up to now, and the filter on the car has the Vauxhall logo on it. I've only ever seen white oil filters, so I rang to check.
    A call to Autovaux and they told me to read the website, they say they will where possible "source our parts as genuine GM packed parts, where doing this and giving the customer a saving is not possible we then source our parts from OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers). These are basically the company who make the part for vauxhall e.g. Bosch, Siemens. These parts are identical to those supplied by Vauxhall just without the GM packaging and logos"
    Also the man on the other end of the phone stated genuine oil filters have been grey for a long time, and suggested that maybe the dealer used a non-genuine part. ("It's branded with Vauxhall", I said, but he couldn't explain that)
    A white box could be compatible with Opel as well as Vauxhall was the reason stated for the white box.
    Now an air filter and pollen filter I'm not too fussy about, I would have liked branded parts, and the air filter had a label stuck over the original one on the box, but I could read "equivalent to ....." under it, and the pollen filter is subtlety different to the genuine Vauxhall one that I took out, but I do want a genuine oil filter, so has anyone bought a grey one from Vauxhall recently. It's the VOX93, normal oil filter, not extended service.
    I'd be interested in any feedback, on the filter and Autovaux.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vauxhall oil filters are grey
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u mean VOF93
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, yes, it was a typo, I do indeed mean VOF93.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Genuine vauxhall service parts should have a GM logo on them
    Astra SXI 1.6 16v
    > Irmscher i line <

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have found buying direct from the VX dealership is cheaper than most OEM parts at motorspares shops, do you not get any discount at your local dealership? Trade club? AOC member?

I have seen grey and white oil filters with VX logo on and GM part number.
    Zafira B SRi Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get Trade Club now at my local dealer, items are now upto 50% cheaper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can get a VOF93 in grey from a dealer or an X93 white AC Delco filter from a factors and they are the same thing. AC Delco make the service filters for GM worldwide and badge according to what the manufacturer wants. Years ago VOF93 were white and before that they were called X93
    Be Happy