Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter

Thumbs Up Back off me jollies thought you'd like to see some pics

Well i went away to Lands End to my friends wedding which was lovely stopped in a B&B in Penzance for the weekend. 7 hours of driving we made it to the B&B. 20 minutes down the road and we were at lands end...

Very eeery. The fog had come in and by 10:00pm when I drove back to the B&B it took nearly an hour to navigate my way there. (DAM THESE ELEGANCES NOT HAVING FRONT FOGS ).

We then set off to my next destination Croyde to a caravan park to meet and stop with some friends. We couldn't get in the caravan till 4:00pm and after setting off from the B&B @ 10:00 we had some time to kill.

So I decided I'd take Bec to St Ives.

Another eery day. Me and the bread knife.

Things brightend up though and after seeing a sign on the side of the road I diverted straight away and decided to take a look.

Boscastle 2004...

Boscastle Today...

4 years on and still works being done to prevent another repeat performance.

Told ya there was still works ongoing.

My shed 2000 miles since leaving the Midlands.

We met up later with our friends and the following day was a trip to the beach at Saunton Sands.
    Whilst I was there I caught crabs

Gorgeous day so much so I burnt through factor 50 and forgot to put any suntan cream on my feet so I burnt the tops of my feet very badly.

The weather was much of the same as this all throughout my holiday. Nice relaxing one it was too.

Good to be back. Now just got to clean the car.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks gorgeous, I've already booked hols for next August in Hale, so will be taking trips all around the area, Can't wait now. :-)
    Man in the sky murders 40 thousand in Tsunami.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks great, Glad you had good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Thanks Mrs Moon and joe. Was very cool nice to get a break away from everything. Come back refreshed.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    We met up later with our friends and the following day was a trip to the beach at Saunton Sands.
    Whilst I was there I caught crabs

Best get them seen to then

Joking aside, looks lovely there Jam

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pics look lovely, the Mrs loves Cornwall! Lands end didnt look that eery last time i visited lol Glad you had a good break

Simon
    Vectra 2.0 SRi 140

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that makes me lucky i guess i live down here and am 15 miles from lands end, glad you had a great time mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks really good, I love it down there, I was in Boscastle a couple of years ago, it really is a nice place and they have worked hard down there try and make it what it was before the flood

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea I live about 20 odd miles from Lands End, haven't been since I was a kid with my Gran , Cornwall gets awfully boring and shit when you live it in, people on holiday love it though. Straight away since the weather turns nice you get about 200% of increase of the population in Cornwall which is murder on the A30 with the road works

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Moon View Post
    Looks gorgeous, I've already booked hols for next August in Hale, so will be taking trips all around the area, Can't wait now. :-)

Hayle really is a bad place; it's one of the shit holes of Cornwall really, see if you can rebook to St Ives, Newquay or then Penzance if you’re into the beach’s etc. But if you’re driving there obviously, you just drive to St Ives and places from Hayle which is only about 20 mins away and of course stay in Hayle as it will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by tillyastra View Post
    that makes me lucky i guess i live down here and am 15 miles from lands end, glad you had a great time mate
    15 miles my arse

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTE_LET View Post
    Best get them seen to then
    I showed my doc the pic he wasn't too concerned unless it comes back for seconds

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Pics look lovely, the Mrs loves Cornwall! Lands end didnt look that eery last time i visited lol Glad you had a good break
    Cheers Si, its lovely down there I usually stop South Devon so was interesting to see North Devon. Been to Saunton Sands loads as a kid so was good to see it as an adult. Still one of the best beaches in the country IMO. Fog had came in on those eeery days. Just something weird about having the amusements closed up walking around there on our own with this fog. Pretty cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_W View Post
    Looks really good, I love it down there, I was in Boscastle a couple of years ago, it really is a nice place and they have worked hard down there try and make it what it was before the flood
    There doing some stella work down there. It was silly hot at Boscastle and the guys just worked through the midday heat. Respect for that. But it looks fantastic anyone get a chance pop in and have a look around, such a lovely village.

Quote Originally Posted by tillyastra View Post
    Thanks Tilly. I was going to see if anyone wanted a meet whilst I was down there. However when I mentioned it to the misses it went down like the Titanic after a heavy night on the rocks. So I took that as a bad idea.
    Its a jam thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast