...at long last!
after much stanley knife action, swearing and general bad temperedness, I finally fitted my gauge mount and gauges this afternoon. They are all connected with necessary tubes/wire into the engine bay, ready for connection at the vacum pipe and engine,when I find the rest of the bits'n'bobs which are buried in my shed .
The gauge panel and heater panel have been in primer for months so I colour coated them today and they were looking good, until my 6 boy year old came in my shed, it was pretty windy here and a gust caught the newspaper that the sprayed bits were on and they ended up on the floor, hence the split in the gauge panel and other imperfections , but life must go on!
I retired indoors for a beer or two to calm my frayed nerves. I then pulled the vac pipe and electrical sensor wire into the engine bay ready for connection.
The panels were dry by this time and I mused whether I should lacquer them or not, I chose the latter, as the lacquer would only show up the imperfections more!
I then mounted the gauges, having to 'customise' the yokes/cradles for them, as clearance in the ahstray position was a problem, having 3 gauges to fit. The rear of ashtray area also required some 'customisation' using dremel, stanley knife etc.
Next up was connection of pipes and wiring which was initself easy to do, but at the end of it, all the wiring and connections created more clearance issues to again, 'customisation' was required .
Anyways, a pic
Just got to say, damn Vauxhall for not providing the Zaf with an abundance of spare DIN slots!
Sorry about the size of the pic, if someone wants to resize it, that would be great!