Thread: what ET for 17 x 7 Wheels?

mazinger

what ET for 17 x 7 Wheels?

Hi Guys, im going to order a set of Momo FXL one Alloy wheel for my 1.6 CLub Zaffy tomorrow, will 17 x 7 fit my bus? the PCD will be 5 x110 but what will be the ET (49 from one of the post, but also 47?) any help will be very grateful, thank in advance guys...

Regards
    Maz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    7" wide is nowt so anything from 38-49mm would be good and still enable u to slam it on its arse.
    if u dont intend droppin it that much then u can alter the offset and say anything from 35-49 will be good.

personally I would advise a safe 38-49 and then youve got the option of lowering it anything upto 60-70mm without any arch rubbing issues.

Personally I would see if u can get 7.5 x 17 - same offset applies but wider wheels are better - especially on the bus

mazinger
    Thank for the advice matey, will see if Momo do those in 17 x 7.5, and the bus will not be lower for now, but maybe later on, thank again matey...

just found out Momo only do the FXL in 17 x 7, but also 17 x 8, will 17 x 8 be ok if i dont lower the Zaffy? also do i go for 215 or 225 tyres for 17 x 7/17 x 8 wheels?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure TBH, have a look through Mysterymachines old posts using the search function, he's got 19's on his and If I remember correctly, they are 8 inch.
    A wheel pro may well post in here sometime to sort you out

Having said that, I'd happily bet a pretend tenner that you could use the 18inch, 8 inch 47/49ET wide rims with 225/40/18 tyres on an unlowered bus with no problems.

mazinger
    Well i gone safe and ordered a set of 17 x 7, just incase i want to lower the bus in the future...thank for the advice guys...

will take some pics went i got them on...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whats the offset ?