Thread: mk5 5door headrest screens!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question mk5 5door headrest screens!

hi there i was wondering if any1 has any experience installing screens in the headrest of a mk5 56plate 5door astra. the cloth on the headrest seems to be completely stuck onto the foam making it harder to trim and then tunck in. any advice on installing these screens would be great. cheers!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, it is stuck on and not something I recommend doing, as the astra headrests are active headrests (well passive active, but still active).

What this means in an accident the headrest moves forwards to prevent your head slamming back to far and thus helping to reduce whiplash effects. What this means is that the screen has a good chance of imbed' ing in your head in an accident. I kid you not ever wonder why Mercedes and BMW offer screens that are not actually built into the headrest, but into the seat itself. Well there crash test proved conclusive enough for them not to build them into the headrest, so now you should know why it is not a good idea.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the heads up BasilD, but i thik im gona go ahead go do the install anyway. So if any1 has any experience with install screen please all your feedback will be much appriciated!