Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Vxr Turbo Fitted Today!!!!!!!!

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    ZAF_GSI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Vxr Turbo Fitted Today!!!!!!!!

    As said above got fitted a little while ago and i cant believe the power that its throwing my bus at! Now time for the remap me thinks
    Gavin the phone calls if you may! lol
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Speedfreak's GSi's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you on std factory map?
    Lots of respect for IAN + Team @ MPG!!!

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Mullcom's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi m8...

    where did you bye it from? i am serching for one to..
    and why are that so muche bather then the original?
    someone ho have any facts on the turbo like how much pressure it tolerate

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    mystery machine's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,731
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAF_GSI View Post
    As said above got fitted a little while ago and i cant believe the power that its throwing my bus at! Now time for the remap me thinks
    Gavin the phone calls if you may! lol
    i think the whole truth is that its running an uprated actuator as well, it boost's to 12psi and then holds 9psi, 1 above normal, hence it will have more torque through the gears. i must admit i found it easy to pull away from Adam on the trip to gillingham, but if i'm honest noticed i had to put my foot down more to save embarasment on the way home

    its a good combination of goodies, i recon the CS3 map is gona give him some serious grunt.

    phone calls next week mate.

    Speedfreak, yes he is running a standard map + all the goodies in his sig.

    Mullcom, the VXR unit is much stronger than the standard LET turbo, with an uprated actuator it'll hold better boost too. a CS4 map has been known to run around the 24psi mark with one of these units. my honest advice is get a new one, second hand ones can be problematic, Adam was lucky with this one as he had a honest seller.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    dannysport18's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    35,241
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    So its all sorted today
    nice one
    I want to get the turbo an manifold on my car an have the remap done again I onl want to go to CS3 an CS4 on the zaffy
    will do me fine
    buy the flash tool an have both maps or just change over to Dreamscience
    fit brake set up an 6 speed gear box
    cars finished

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Coupe John's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Drives
    Astra 1.8vvt X Pack
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,594
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAF_GSI View Post
    As said above got fitted a little while ago and i cant believe the power that its throwing my bus at! Now time for the remap me thinks
    Gavin the phone calls if you may! lol
    what did you set your actuator at?

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    mystery machine's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,731
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe John View Post
    what did you set your actuator at?
    it is set to run 12p.s.i overboost and it holds 9-10. the uprated actuator seems to be doing its job well and it was a lucky guess too. the boost gauge in the car was very handy, i was prepaired to have a few stops but its all running very well. no pinking noises, and pulls like a train.

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Coupe John's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Drives
    Astra 1.8vvt X Pack
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,594
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery machine View Post
    it is set to run 12p.s.i overboost and it holds 9-10. the uprated actuator seems to be doing its job well and it was a lucky guess too. the boost gauge in the car was very handy, i was prepaired to have a few stops but its all running very well. no pinking noises, and pulls like a train.
    Nice one, I only asked because I had a few little issues with mine but me thinks Ive got it sorted now Call me thick if you like but what does pinking sound like on the z20let?

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    mystery machine's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,731
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe John View Post
    Nice one, I only asked because I had a few little issues with mine but me thinks Ive got it sorted now Call me thick if you like but what does pinking sound like on the z20let?
    kinda like the dangling keys noise you hear in this vid it is very faint....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9d6gMYcrFk

    and no ur not thick mate, its a learning curve on here.

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Coupe John's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Drives
    Astra 1.8vvt X Pack
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,594
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery machine View Post
    kinda like the dangling keys noise you hear in this vid it is very faint....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9d6gMYcrFk

    and no ur not thick mate, its a learning curve on here.
    Great stuff, Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fitted TC & H.I.D's today
    By CaptainSlow in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 19:51
  2. Look what I fitted today!!
    By Moonman in forum Zafira Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 11:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •