Thread: Help neded please

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help neded please

I have a cd70 sat nav system in my Astra H 56 plate car at present and to be honest, think it is quite a good bit of kit. However. What i would like to do is remove it and fit it into my other astra H 55 plate work car. (so that i can install some serious sounds in my 56 plate motor) I have read on here some where that it needs to be decoded before removing it????
    I know I will also need to remove the screen and other bits. But decoding it? Mmmm. is this correct and can it be done using the cars menu or does it need to be tech 2? Any help or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Leedy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LEEDY View Post
    I have a cd70 sat nav system in my Astra H 56 plate car at present and to be honest, think it is quite a good bit of kit. However. What i would like to do is remove it and fit it into my other astra H 55 plate work car. (so that i can install some serious sounds in my 56 plate motor) I have read on here some where that it needs to be decoded before removing it????
    I know I will also need to remove the screen and other bits. But decoding it? Mmmm. is this correct and can it be done using the cars menu or does it need to be tech 2? Any help or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Leedy
    It a tech2 job only and both the screen and radio need to be decoded (unprogrammed out of the car an reset to null state) to 0000.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanks for that.