Thread: Meg's Nxttech or gold class?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Meg's Nxt tech or gold class?

I have never detailes a car before, so i am getting al the info frm this forum.

After touching up scratches and stone chips followed by autoglym 3b abrasive i am going to use megs clay then i am thinking of using iether megs nxt tech or gold class liquid wax.

I have quite a few scratches/chips which i have made less obvious and there are swirl marks all over.

Which of the above would be th best to hide the imperfections?

Is there a better way of going about it?

I have a 2001 astra with pearlescent 'polar sea blue' paintwork.

I think i could get her looking realy good but i realy need some advice?

Thanks
    Steve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personally for ease of use and great results use nxt, its very rewarding, does not leave powder everywhere and wipes off the plastics easy if gone over by accident. some will say use colinites or natty's, cg etc! but i have used these to try something different this year, they are good but last friday i decided to put on some of my good ole megs, the results where amazing and it was applied and took off very easy! if your not to fussy and anal like some of us, nxt is a nice product to use as and when you feel, not the best but good enough!

my mate found gold megs harder to work with, but never tried it myself.

brucey

i used to use nxt wash, wax and tire dressing. nxt glass. good kit!

all 3 cars nxt'd! cant say i have used anything better really?
    the black Opel Sri-t with bbs ch alloys and
    Eds3.5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really like the NXT wax, it doesn't last particularly long but then I quite enjoy doing the car every few weeks anyway and it's great to use.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

Thanx
    looks like i'll try nxt. I have a bad back so if it's easier to put on i'll use that. If i could get results like brucey106 i will be happy.
    Cheers
    Steve

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you've got a bad back I'd really recommend you get collinite 476s as it lasts for around 6 months before it needs reapplying, therefore putting less strain on your back. NXT 'wax' is only a sealant and the durability on it is only aroung 1-2weeks, so to save your back reapplying, reach for the colly

Brucey, if you've not used anything better than NXT, maybe you should have a long look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    If you've got a bad back I'd really recommend you get collinite 476s as it lasts for around 6 months before it needs reapplying, therefore putting less strain on your back. NXT 'wax' is only a sealant and the durability on it is only aroung 1-2weeks, so to save your back reapplying, reach for the colly

Brucey, if you've not used anything better than NXT, maybe you should have a long look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

but i have buddy, ok they good but i used my nxt the other day and my god the car looked good, even in the phots above you have to admit it aint bad stuff.

last year i would be nxt'ing every month ish? i bought the good stuff this year, clay, CG polish and collinites 476s, and hoped i would not need to do car for a good few months, but i just cant not wax it! i have been washing and drying towel off, but you cant beat the good old nxt every month after washing the car. i think i will carry on with the yearly detail (clay, machine polish, then colinites etc) but still going to use my nxt now and again. just brings a glossy finish. good for my silver anyways!

ps i am not saying the other stuff is no good, i am just more pleased with the results my nxt give. a washed waxed car is never as good as a washed then waxed if you get me?

brucey
    Eds3.5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucey106 View Post
    personally for ease of use and great results use nxt, its very rewarding, does not leave powder everywhere and wipes off the plastics easy if gone over by accident. some will say use colinites or natty's, cg etc! but i have used these to try something different this year, they are good but last friday i decided to put on some of my good ole megs, the results where amazing and it was applied and took off very easy! if your not to fussy and anal like some of us, nxt is a nice product to use as and when you feel, not the best but good enough!

my mate found gold megs harder to work with, but never tried it myself.

brucey

i used to use nxt wash, wax and tire dressing. nxt glass. good kit!

all 3 cars nxt'd! cant say i have used anything better really?
    Bit off topic, but what size are them snowflakes?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    17's buddy :P
    Eds3.5

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Use the nxt wax as it works quite well as a filler and seems to cover some of the swirling, I seal mine with Gold Class Paste Wax afterwards as I find liquid waxes dont have much staying power on their own.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I prefer the Megs Gold Class, I wash with Megs gold class shamp and cond, then gold class liquid wax, lasts ages, put on alloys too, on wash days the dirt just seemed to disapear.

Its expensive, smells great, and was the easiest so far I have used, before this it was Autoglym, which made me very tired.
    Zafira B SRi Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast