Thread: Happy with the Zaf again now!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Happy with the Zaf again now!

Quite a productive weekend just gone by with the bus! First of all had 4 new tyres fitted (Yokohama Parada Spec-2's) and had my Eibach springs fitted at the same time. Also bought a new airflow meter and fitted that as the car was feeling a bit sluggish. Now all I can say is WOW! The airflow meter was obviously knackered as now the smile is back on my face when I floor the pedal. But best of all is the traction, I was considering saving up for an LSD as everytime I floored it the wheels would spin up all the way through 1st and 2nd. Now though with the Parada's, even with full throttle through 1st and 2nd there is hardly no wheel spin!

To finish the weekend off in style I gave the motor a well deserved clean and polish to make it look like new again!

BIG SMILES FROM ME!!
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

hard to believe that a set of tyres would make that much difference, i wonder how much they'd be in 19" i'm expecting £200 a corner

i'm thinking of changing my AFM, as just recently the pick up has been pants! and was recomended at the R/R day we were at. its done nigh on 34k now so i recon its about due.

i spose i'll be seeing more of u dashing around now then

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol. I would definately recommend the Parada's. I couldn't believe the difference myself. I know it's been hot this weekend and the compound is soft on the Parada's, but there is such a massive improvement over my old Falcon's on traction!
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    just found a place around the corner selling them in my size for £181 a piece fitted & inc vat

just been thinking i have the brakes to do the job but hard compound rubber on the road. kind of defeats the object of upgrading the brakes me thinks (plus at PV i'll get a better launch running soft compound rubber)

the question is still..... can i get a sub 15s 1/4, i guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    How do the springs compare to the OEM GSi ones?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yes, forgot to mention about the springs. I think they are great. They have lowered the arches to the wheels nicely but there's still a fair gap to allow movement. It has firmed things up nicely going round bends, but to be honest I have not noticed any difference in firmness going over speed bumps etc. So very happy with the Eibachs!

As for 1/4 mile, I am going to cry my eyes out if I don't get a sub 15!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping to get some uprated VXR brakes on before PVS but debating whether to put it on the credit card at the mo! Garage I use said they would fit them for around £60 is that a good price?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Patrick, it was 10hrs of grief doing on a drive, but then again i was painting bits as well so took up alot of the time.

£60 sounds like good money but when u say uprated, you mean disc's, pads and calipers? after driving the works zaffies with vxr brakes ur gona be in for a shock as they are pretty good on their own (as long as the pads are fitted in the direction they are supposed to go) as they are directional.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the Courtenay VXR upgrade with the uprated grooved discs, pads and calipers. All four of my discs and pads are shot at the moment, but it's a fair amount of £££ I need to save up!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    if money is tight mine are in pretty good nick, and i dont want much for em.

PM me if you are interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast