Thread: Another pic req, mk3 astra (f) bonnet/wing vents?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another pic req, mk3 astra (f) bonnet/wing vents?

following on from this thread (didn't want to hijack that one though) : http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=145641

I'm still getting the overheating problem in the GLSRi, insufficient cold air getting to the air intake, and haven't yet been able to get hold of a mk3 SRi airbox, so still running with the K&N, but once the engine gets hot all it does is get more hot air than cold straight back into the engine again. She runs ok but if I start her while she's still hot she won't stay started unless I keep my foot gently on the revs for a few seconds first.

ANYWAY, ideas for venting/gills etc specifically for front driver's side quarter, bonnet/front wing (or both?), pics are most helpful and suggestions of where/how to get it done/ £££ etc. I recall a thread a while ago about louvres - would this be difficult/expensive on a mk3 wing?

BTW I don't like the mk3 GSi side vents, besides they'd be too far back anyway.

Cheers,

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you could have a bash at designing your own scoop maybe and have it welded on down at a fabricators. shouldnt think it would cost too much to have a piece of sheet steel bended and welded, with a hole cut in the bonnet...

nothing impreza-esque, but would get plenty of air where its needed.

As long as you supply basic dimensioned hand sketches and talk through what you want you could get a really nice custom job,and the satisfaction that you designed it personally.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any pics from anyone?

Kirsty