AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please Help

Hi Guys
    Im new to forum so bear with me...
    Bought an astra sri 16v 1.8L 2/52 ago, 07 model. Very beautiful but over last week have heard and felt what can only be described as a 'twanging' noise ? from beneath my feet on drivers side. This happens only when car has been stationary and hand break has been taken off (usually when setting off in first gear after few seconds). Took it back to one of a chain of garages y/day & they tightened handbreak saying there was some play in cable. Got it outside and twang went to noise so returned. Service manager came for drive with me & told me it was a noisy carbon canister-a characteristic of car?? and nothing much I can do but said if I wanted second opinion return to origional garage which I did. Mechanic came on drive with me & heard noise..said its not carbon canister as this is on left, but its gotta go in as not sure what it is...
    Feeling bit upset as it took me ages to pluck up courage and get rid of my beautiful astra cd Y reg which NEVER caused me a days worry....any ideas guys please?

Thank You

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could it be a broken drivers spring mate?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 03 gsi zafira which does exactly the same thing as yours.have ckecked everything and can find nothing.local vaux dealer says im being over fussy but will be keen to see how you fair with your car.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ryan-sorry ive not a clue about cars (ashamed to say) but I will mention spring to 'em. Sounds silly but it does feel cable (ish) in that the twang seems to follow from front towards back underneath my feet... If you see what Im getting at. Zaffy, Its going in in two weeks-earliest they could do, so Ill let you know what happens. Before I bought it the dealership replaced the caliper on the passenger side with a brand new one. Im wondering if this has anything to do with it...Just feels awfuly dissapointing when its a nearly new car. Thank you for your help I appreciate it.