Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

iPod Help !

Hey Guys ,

I got myself an iPod because i was fed up with cd's in the car but when i try to connect it to my stereo via the USB the cd player says ' no support ' my girlfriends worked in it but i cant remember if we updated hers or downloaded anything for the iPod .... can anyone help ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What sterio, adapters, iPod and Ipod firmware are you using?
    I know the newer pods don't work with my kca adapter.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Errmmmm lol , I have an iPod Nano 8GB and the USB you get with it , my stereo is a Sony GT Series CDX-GT410U and thats all i know as this is all new to me .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    www.google.com is your friend.
    Can't realy help you as i'm an alpine fan but my sis's nano doesn't work with my headset system.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on a side note..sorry to hijack....

Do i have to keep all the songs i want on my ipod on itunes?? or is there a setting whereby the ipod is the central memory and itunes is used merely to ADD to that library?

Lee
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can i put an AUX cable from my ipod to my stereo ? will that work

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Hodge View Post
    on a side note..sorry to hijack....

Do i have to keep all the songs i want on my ipod on itunes?? or is there a setting whereby the ipod is the central memory and itunes is used merely to ADD to that library?
    Winamp should be good to add... i know itunes can be a pain with multiple computers or if you just want something easy to use.

I have the Sony CDX GT300 with rear ipod connector and find that i only get a prob ith the ipod connector unit itself (usually unplug it and plug it back in again, also with an 8gb nano). However you have just a plain USB connector upfront so wouldn't b to sure. The head unit supports ACC so i can't see no reason why not.. but as already suggested, try a firmware update.

Looking at the instrucions it appears not to play DRM files (sounds odd) are they protected?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_1985 View Post
    Can i put an AUX cable from my ipod to my stereo ? will that work
    Yes that would work, but you would lack some sound quality (if your that bothered) a 3.5mm jack to jack should be suffice

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    FYI the most important ipod function is hd mode.
    This treats the ipod a a USB drive and alows you to copy music to other computers.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcphisto View Post
    Yes that would work, but you would lack some sound quality (if your that bothered) a 3.5mm jack to jack should be suffice
    I have got one now and it works fine , didn't really notice any difference but if i want full volume i now have to go upto 30 instead of 24 because its slightly quieter ( not that that bothers me ) i also got a iPod docking station today with a free FM transmitter ..... Looks briliant with no cables as it works with your radio but i wont be using it as it's crackly and sound quality is pretty poor , so i'll stick to the AUX cable and try to hide it somewhere in my dash .