Thread: EML came on

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EML came on

I was driving on the M8 today. I suffered a muscle spasm and my right foot plummeted to the floor *cough* and after a certain number, the car lost power and the EML came on. The turbo was no longer kicking in and the car felt like it had zero power.

Once I arrived at my destination and switched the engine off, I restarted and the EML vanished. The drive home (30 minutes later) was fine, with no problems. Can anyone hazard a guess as to what might have caused this? I've getting the fault codes read tomorrow by a mate, but any suggestions would be good prior to this

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Over rev error? I had the same type of muscle spasm and it made mine come on. Didn't feel much different, felt like it was a tiny bit weaker on boost that was it.

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This was a bit different, the turbo just didn't exist at all.

I've just come back from my mates garage who's had it on a reader and there are *no* faults stored at all.

Puzzled now

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It could possibly be the egr on the way out similar thing happend with mine....

Still waiting for a replacement egr valve nearly 7 weeks now... Im just glad im not paying for the hire car I ve got