I am getting a new head unit for my mk3 tomorrow, so to save messing about when I get it I thought Id take out the cassette unit tonight that was in it when I got it last week. The main reason for the change is because when you go round corners, the speakers go off, and tonight I found out why, and its possibly also the cause of my bulbs having blown too....
I pulled it out, and at least 2 of the wires in the harness, one of them being the ground wire, have had the plastic melted away.
The contact in the plug for the ground wire has discolouration on it as though it had been arcing at some point, and the plastic is slightly discoloured too.
I am really hoping this is probably just because of a previously faulty head unit being in the car, having been swapped over before I got it.
Ill be wiring a new ISO plug onto the harness tomorrow now, so much for an easier swapout.
Can someone please tell me my car isnt going to burst into flames...