Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever had comments from the public on your car?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter

Thumbs Up Ever had comments from the public on your car?

Only had my alloys fitted 2 days and already a chav has stopped me asking if they were the 888 wheels. I admitted no there not but they look cool don't they?

An MOT tester last year told me I had a lovely car and really liked my little touches on the Astra. Then went on to say, "Its f'cking low"

Anyone else had joe public admiring your car?
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, it gets annoying, sometimes a car that is different get lots of comments, when i was at morrisons last night trying find GTA4 there was one lad that stopped and just stood there looking, i was like WTF?

Any pics of the new wheels jam?
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had plenty - mostly positive

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a good chat with a squaddie dude once when I drove into work in the Arden GSi. The conversation went straight into the performance of the car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all the lil chav's in my town stop and stare event tho its standard (pretty much), i guess its cos most of them are used to metro's, fiesta's etc lol

my milk man likes my car he always say stuff - but he is an astra man, in the time he has been my milk man (17 years) he has had a mk3 a mk4 and mk5 (all with quality high end sound systems - VERY LOUD)
    Astra Se2 coupe

"Love it and shove it and dance around the bucket"

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ohh... I had this old guy approach men in a car park a while back, asking about it becuse he was thinking of getting one.

He asked if he could sit in it just to see what it was like inside, so I said yeah.

He gets in asking "what's this do? what's that for?", which I duly answered.

He then says "yeah I really like this, I'm sold"

I ask him which one he's thinking of getting, to which he replies a 5dr 1.4 LS

My reply, "well, it won't quite be like mine"

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post

My reply, "well, it won't quite be like mine"

guess he was thinking that all that carefully modified luxury comes as standard! LOL

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I first got my wheels I had the same from some of the carpark people that wash the cars. Also had a strange one........... "I like the colour of the cold airfeed pipe on your induction kit"
    Goodbye

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had some random cockney in my drive once taking pictures of my car!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did used to get stopped a lot when I had my land rover, in fact some mad bloke in a silver volvo following me to work kept flashing his lights at me - as he clearly wasn't a police car I just kept going, thinking typical volvo driver eejit, but it was rush hour and when we came to the roundabout just before where I worked and sat in a queue for a bit he jumped out of his car and came to knock on my window (was a bit alarming) just about frantic with excited enthusiasm he could barely get his words out straight - asking me where I had got it, how long I had had it, did I know how rare it was, did I know it had a Land Rover work's registration on etc etc. Once I calmed him down and pointed out we were actually in a queue to join a roundabout I told him to get back in his car and follow me to my work's car park around the corner, where I parked next to the security guards' building (in case he was a nutter) then got out to talk to him.

Poor old chap was almost crying with joy as he'd heard of landy's like mine but never seen one before, and to find one with an "XC" reg (meteor works, lode lane, solihull) which were put on works vehicles and landies to be used to press releases/advertising promotions etc, I already knew it was special and I obviously made his day by letting him drool over it, he was a proper old anorak!

Has to be said though I must have alarmed a few people like that while handing out AOC flyers, I randomly jump out of my car in car parks to intercept a nice astra owner before they dissapear to the shops or something and tell them how much I like their car

No one ever noticed the mk3 merit (that was boring though and the only exterior mods were clear indicators, side repeaters and silvatec bulbs - all now on my 3rd astra, and some light brows, which aren't LOL)

2nd astra however did get a fair amount of attention but then it did stand out like a sore thumb lol (never looked on barry boys to see if it's ended up on there tbh ) at least I never attempted any mad bodykits with it though, just a GSi front and *ahem* "some" stickers

3rd astra is more subtle but I have had people approach me and ask about it and comment on it, usually nice, although a few people have said it needs to be lowered, but that's not top of the list tbh.

One car I do get lots of attention with however is the saab ( http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=144252 ) but then she is something special and really stands out in a crowd because the number plate doesn't match how new she looks! In fact when I went to the Hartlepool Classic Car show a few weeks ago following my mate in his unwashed, part primered, rusty old chevette, they waved him through to the show area and waved me into a different area, which turned out to be the pleb's car park for visitors bloody cheek! As there were capris etc already in the show area which were actually YOUNGER than my car i assumed she must just look far too modern in design and showroom new to pass as a classic (at 25 years old and a one of a kind, the majority consensus is that she is) Anyway I went out of the pleb's car park and up to the other hi-viz jacket wearing chap (who obviously had more taste) who waved me through!

I had no end of people asking about her so I'm glad I printed up most of her info on spec sheets allowing me to escape and look at some cars myself.

Kirsty

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast