Thread: exhaust systems - need advice

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question exhaust systems - need advice

following on to last thread about remap.... anyone got a custom made full system with total de-cat or part decat custom made as ive been thinking about this? or a mixture of brands etc...im trying to weigh up all the different options. i want to sort my exhaust system out before i remap. i was going to decat precat then remap but i got an all in one cat system which is a ball ache n makes me wanna just get a sports cat while im at it. but i want the system to sound meaty not boy racerish. my mate has totally decat'ed his scooby and sounds proper meaty, he released loads of bhp by doing so too and his car was over boosting loads so he had to get diagnostics and remap to sort it. cant quite afford a miltek system at the mo they are like a grand!! rather spend money on a remap. seen a magnex pre-cat for 110 and a sports cat from LMF at 275, cheapest i seen so far, on top of that i was looking at remus centre section for the loudness and was gunna keep my irmy back box..... anyone got any ideas please? any opinions will be really useful. whats everyone else done?
    CAR SOLD!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya mate. From my experience there isn't much difference in performance between brands, jus different sound.

I've jus recently went for a full custom exhaust for my MK4 GSi. That inclueded precat decat, high flow sports cat and cat back. So everything from the turbo basically. Cost £840 fitted and took a day. Went for that cos it ment i could choose which tailpipe i wanted and how loud, ie, size of the silencer. Would recommend as it's much quicker now and hopefully alot more when Courtenay map it in a few weeks. Sounds spot on as well.

Hope this helps
    Astra GSi Mk4

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got a custom made Magnaflow full system fitted to my coupe, completley de-catted with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe.
    On my last coupe I had a blueflame catback with sports cat and pre cat removed which wasn`t too bad, but the new system i have on this car with the airbox mod has given me 240 lb/ft and 234 bhp the car feels better than my last coupe did at EDS stage 1.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a full custom built de catted system all 2.5" bore and its spot on by exhausts uk btw feels good tbh

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers fellas, thanks for your input...anymore will be welcome!!!
    CAR SOLD!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    full milltek system and it sounds good! quiet when pottering about but raw when you plant the right pedal! awesome!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webbo gsi View Post
    full milltek system and it sounds good! quiet when pottering about but raw when you plant the right pedal! awesome!
    ditto, loving my milltec system. a great balence between subtle and sporty depending on how its driven.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have been looking about at exhausts myself,decided to look on you tube for exhaust notes milltek system stood out for me, tho most of the systems were on either a audi rs4 or golf r32's which sound lovely anyways with the system they sounded even better , i know you tube wont give the full affect of the sound but it gives you a idea
    anyways money is in the bank and i am ready to ring up and order the full milltek system tomor
    anyone order the system from demon tweaks? same price as anywhere esle so i wouldnt think they would be any different

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had a full custom pro speed system pre cat pipe 100cell sports cat 3" system with 3"tailpipe single exit T304 stainless for £650 always use pro speed for all my motors as charlie really knows his stuff.
    THE DEVIL IS MY CO-PILOT.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what do you do when it comes to MOT then when you have a total de-cat? i just been on exhausts uk and they got a sports cat for 265....but they gotta put an adaptor on to fit to centre section, i presume the standard piping is less than 2 n half inches then?
    CAR SOLD!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast