Thread: Why old people shouldnt be allowed to drive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why old people shouldnt be allowed to drive

Was waiting in a car park for a beamer to leave to take his space. so I was behind some cars parked in bays. Some silly old sod that im parked behind for a few minutes, Not seconds, decided to reverse into my car!

Hit my passenger front wheel

luckily was no damage as he was going two miles an hour, but even as I watched him carry on , and then held my horn on, he continued until he hit me!

Said he didnt see me, I just couldnt belive it, threw a wobbly til I saw this old man kind of dribble from his car and continue to appologise. Would have crowned a younger man, but as there was no damage, I decided to pull forward for his second attempt, just in case he hadnt seen me, again .

Guy in the beamer just looked at me and shook his head, he was as gobsmacked as me
    Goodbye

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I support mandatory re-tests (of sorts) for those past retirement age.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I had the same happent to me last year, i pulled into a layby to go into the chippy, i parked behind another car and i left plenty of space for him. As i went to get out the car he come back so i waited for him to leave so i could pull forward. He got in the car a reversed, and kept coming, i pushed the horn but he kept coming and didnt stop. Put a nice crack in my front bumper.

He got out and said he didnt see me, i said i was parked here when you got in the car, he just said i didnt see. He give me all his details and i got a quote and he payed for it. Ended up ok in the end.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
    Would have crowned a younger man, but as there was no damage, I decided to pull forward for his second attempt, just in case he hadnt seen me, again .
    So you would start a fight because somebody drove into you by acident?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willbaroo View Post
    The old guy that reversed into me just kept saying sorry. I wouldnt start a fight though.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willbaroo View Post
    an accident maybe if someone jumped into ur path but if ur reversing or doing any manouever one would assume u look that way first for any obstacles....dont just hit reverse, continue and then if u hit something say i didnt see ya....yeah didnt see ya cos he clearly didnt look.....

anyway not everyone is saintly and we all get carried away at times - even the most level headed person can lose their rag at times
    anyway im shuttin up now as its none of my business

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would be fuming!if its an accident then fair enough but carelessness is another matter.i've got nothing against old people on the road but if they cannot drive competently or above 15 mph then they shouldn't b driving at all.was at a petrol station the other day and oldboy in the lane next to me reversed straight into the car behind him!at a petrol station!where cars queue behind you!wtf!
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i seen a driverless car today... or so i thought... untill it was about 15ft away from me and i could see a tiny whisp of grey hair above the steering wheel... that was scary! no matter how old u r booster seats should be law for anyone under 4 1/2 ft!!!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    *cough* I've reversed into someone by accident too mind...parked in usual spot, but not used to people parking opposite me behind...got inthe car after work, reversed, crack....oops. Easier done than you think but I did learn from my mistake, damn do I check things much more than I did! And here's me passed my Advanced Driving a few years back too! *cough*

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A few months back my mate was riding college on his scooter. He was just going through some crossroads and an 86 year old went through a red light!

Thats what he got left with lol. Sorry about the quality he took it on his phone.

Mike

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast