Thread: DTUK Boxes - What does what???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DTUK Boxes - What does what???

These Tuning boxes, GREEN I assume is for ecomomy, CRD2 and RED are for power (as per website).

Anyone know the difference between the CRD2 and RED, which gives the most "poke". The CRD2 is 50 quid more so is this the better of the 2???

Also does fitting one of these make the "sport" button redundant??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Storm1978
    Astra SRi CDTI 150

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't tell you the difference between CRD2 and RED (I thought they were both the same personally)

But, the sport button still works. Think of it like this:

With DTUK Box, Sport Not on: Car acts like it did with no DTUK box and sport on.

With DTUK Box, Sport ON: Car acts like nothing you've experienced before and you'll be driving home with a grin on your face.

The general consensus on here seems to be the Green box is most effective. You get the extra performance and a little better economy. The CRD2(Red) box gives you the same, but it's more full-on. The gear changes are a lot smoother with the green box, but the red box gives you the power with more of a punch

HTH

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its basically a switchable map like domino says ^^^^^^^^^^
    Astra 1.9 CDTI 150 xp DTUK crd2
    BHP ??? FT LBS ???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The sports button works just the same as it did before. The DTUK boxes are not OFF when the sport button is off. It's on all the time. It's just that the difference of having up to 50 more bhp is more evident when the sport button is pressed.

The differences are that the Green just has a dial to turn to increase/decrease power levels on 1 map. The CRD2 has 4 pre-installed maps plus then pin alterations for different power adjustments on top of the map selection.

Typically for my Zafira, Andrew has put a map on called the Mickie Map where the power is not increased till higher up the rev range (about 2500 revs) then kicks in with the turbo. This was to try and help alleviate the problems with the DPF that the Zafiras and TwinTops have!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.8vvt X Pack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
    its basically a switchable map like domino says ^^^^^^^^^^
    Hey bri, dont you mean the black smoke button

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    l had to have the red on the 17cdti as the green dosnt work on that model .. but have to say its very good and the mpg is alot better .. l had a remap on a vw 130bhp and when upto another 50 odd brake and it was crap to drive to tell the truth ... around town it was silly just didnt drive slow and the wife hated it , and smoky too

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixman View Post
    The sports button works just the same as it did before. The DTUK boxes are not OFF when the sport button is off. It's on all the time. It's just that the difference of having up to 50 more bhp is more evident when the sport button is pressed.

The differences are that the Green just has a dial to turn to increase/decrease power levels on 1 map. The CRD2 has 4 pre-installed maps plus then pin alterations for different power adjustments on top of the map selection.

Typically for my Zafira, Andrew has put a map on called the Mickie Map where the power is not increased till higher up the rev range (about 2500 revs) then kicks in with the turbo. This was to try and help alleviate the problems with the DPF that the Zafiras and TwinTops have!!
    what he said...

The RED and GREEN are supposed to be the same apart from the coloured rubber, but from our own tests the Green is too fierce for the 1.7CDTI (moreso the 1.7 CDTI denso on corsa and meriva).. Ive recently written some new software for the CRD2 which is working very well on the 1.7cdti found in the Astra G and H (80 and 100bhp) as well as the Denso 125bhp found in Corsa D

As for the DTH all 3 systems work, but the 2 systems i recommend are the GREEN and the CRD2.

Green is simpler and gives roughly the same peak power figures as the CRD2 system.. The power band of the CRD2 is a lot wider than the Green but most people wouldnt really feel the difference between the two...

HTH

Andrew

if not, fire away and ill endeavour to answer asap
    Diesel Tuning UK - 1.9CDTI - 206bhp/430nm
    Exclusive Offers for Paying Members of A.O.C
    www.diesel-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    must say im more that happy with the map u have put on it m8 the red l got from your place on Tuesdays is ace . thank

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    must say im more that happy with the map u have put on it m8 the red l got from your place on Tuesdays is ace . thank
    Not a problem bud, if you have any problems you have my number/email addie or name on here...

There's no escape i tell you
    Diesel Tuning UK - 1.9CDTI - 206bhp/430nm
    Exclusive Offers for Paying Members of A.O.C
    www.diesel-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it's sooo annoying waiting to hit 1000 miles on the clock before I can plug the green box in! trouble is I'm currently driving another car all week long so have only managed 280 miles so far!
    Audi TT S-Line SE TDi Quattro
    Also Triumph TT600 bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast