Thread: blue smoke

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

blue smoke

hi all. I am just wondering if my turbo is on its way out. its only done 27.500 miles. Yesterday i was about to have a bit of fun with an audi S3 but when i set off it blew a big puff of blue smoke out now it has done this twice. I have just been out in it and it was great no smoke and felt really quick compared to yest. So was just wondering if anyone can shed light on my problem.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could be a leaking seal in the turbo.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. It only does it every so often so im hoping its something that can be fixed before i have to shell out for a new turbo.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it could be something called valve stem seals which the car gives blue smoke out when u rev it after its been idiling for a while or been at constant revs for a while i had this on my last car. dont quote me on ti tho could be talkin crap

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx cabrio 88 i dont think it is the valve stem oil seals as its more when you give it some. There is no smoke when you drive normal just under boost. Hoping its just a seal.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by damosmokie View Post
    Thanx cabrio 88 i dont think it is the valve stem oil seals as its more when you give it some. There is no smoke when you drive normal just under boost. Hoping its just a seal.
    It could be any oil seal that is leaking that is burning in the chamber or the exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by damosmokie View Post
    hi all. I am just wondering if my turbo is on its way out. its only done 27.500 miles. Yesterday i was about to have a bit of fun with an audi S3 but when i set off it blew a big puff of blue smoke out now it has done this twice. I have just been out in it and it was great no smoke and felt really quick compared to yest. So was just wondering if anyone can shed light on my problem.
    Spend Half an hour first checking all your cam cover breather pipes for kinks or blockages as this can cuase them to smoke to, if you still have the crossover pipe on check the one just under it as its well common for it to kink, this causes lots of crank case pressure and forces it through the turbo. its worth a try