Thread: Very hot

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very hot

Some of you may remember my post about inductions kits and in the end i destricted my airbox, was great felt the difference immediatly. But now my engine has gone from going up to just under 90 to almost 100 and now the engine fan is still going for up to 2 minutes after the car has been turned off.

Now ive checked all connections its all good and i cant understand it at all! I havent replaced the air filter but i was planning to get a panel filter next week.

Can anyone think of what might be going wrong or how i can help it ?
    Astra MK4 1.4 16V
    -Vectra C Inlet pipe
    - Destricted airbox.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok i think i might be low on coolant as its getting worse each day, amazing noobish question but where is the coolant in the engine bay..
    Astra MK4 1.4 16V
    -Vectra C Inlet pipe
    - Destricted airbox.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    under one of the yellow lids in a bottle. If you are really that lacking in knowledge I would strongly advise you get your VX car user manual out and read it before you either scald yourself or put the wrong fluid in the wrong place and incur a big repair bill
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Right after topping up your coolant get yourself down to Vauxhall and pick up a new thermostat!

On the right hand side of the engine bay (as your looking at it) you can see the battery in a battery bag and just above that 2 pipes leading to a white tank with a yellow cap on the top. This is your engine coolant expansion tank. The tank will have a min & max mark. Only fill when cold not when the engine is hot. Do not exceed the max mark.

Also whilst you in there check under the oil filler cap (yellow cap on top of the engine). Screws off and check under the cap for signs of a creamy substance almost like mayo.
    Also check the water thats currently in the expansion tank for any signs of oil. (Oil will float on the water).
    If you find these items then it may not be good news.

But fill it up with water first and get straight round to Vauxhall for a thermostat and replace that before you do anything else.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?