Thread: y20dth slow pick up

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

y20dth slow pick up

hi all wonder if you can help i have a 52 y20dth van , it slow from a start and the acceleration seems a bit eratic one second its not there next you get a surge, i have de restricted the air box and put a vaux air filter in which seems to have helped a bit, ita had a tech 2 in vauxhalls they say the carnt find nothing and the maf is ok , has just been serviced with genuine vaux filtersnoticed on the motorway when you accelerate had it gives it some smoke out the back its not showing no fault light on the dash, a bosch service fella sid the maf dont always show up and ideas chher , ps sorry its a long post

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a gummed up EGR valve or inlet manafold. I'd get a garage to pop the EGR and inlet off and clean them out, they get totally minged up with tar which jams up the swirl valves.

I did mine myself, cleaned it out with diesel/petrol mix. Resealing the ijector pipes and bleeding it was a nightmare though.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scouceget1 View Post
    hi all wonder if you can help i have a 52 y20dth van , it slow from a start and the acceleration seems a bit eratic one second its not there next you get a surge, i have de restricted the air box and put a vaux air filter in which seems to have helped a bit, ita had a tech 2 in vauxhalls they say the carnt find nothing and the maf is ok , has just been serviced with genuine vaux filtersnoticed on the motorway when you accelerate had it gives it some smoke out the back its not showing no fault light on the dash, a bosch service fella sid the maf dont always show up and ideas chher , ps sorry its a long post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZS View Post
    Sounds like a gummed up EGR valve or inlet manafold. I'd get a garage to pop the EGR and inlet off and clean them out, they get totally minged up with tar which jams up the swirl valves.

I did mine myself, cleaned it out with diesel/petrol mix. Resealing the ijector pipes and bleeding it was a nightmare though.

a y20 dth has an absolutely crap 1st gear i bet its flat till about 2150 rpm as this is when the turbo kicks in it gives a far greater feel as its a high blow turbo