Thread: Nightmare on lowering the GSI MK4

azi

Nightmare on lowering the GSI MK4

It all started last week. I ordered a full kit springs/shocks from evolution R and it turns out it was the wrong springs on the front and could not support the front end,
    so i purchased the Eibach 30mm Pro springs from LMF and had them fitted with the original shocks,
    NOW!! the front end seems higher than the back this is not the look i wanted.

i am aware of the standard 20mm drop the GSI MK4 comes with, so does this only mean the car has been lowered 10mm due to the standard 20mm drop?

My question is if i was to purchase the Eibach 50/30mm Pro Kit from LMF would i need new shocks.

Has anyone got these 50/30mm Eibach pro springs from LMF fitted and if so, could you post pictures please ASAP please.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as your car was already 20mm lower taking the springs off and putting the 30mm ones on onlt lowered it an extra 10mm as all the springs are measured from standard body height which is the same without the springs on the whole range
    any more than 40mm drop will require shocks for sure and im sure i will be backed up on this
    tilly

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh and mine is 60/40 shocks and springs

[newline]Click here for more images from this garage[/newline]

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azi View Post
    It all started last week. I ordered a full kit springs/shocks from evolution R and it turns out it was the wrong springs on the front and could not support the front end,
    so i purchased the Eibach 30mm Pro springs from LMF and had them fitted with the original shocks,
    NOW!! the front end seems higher than the back this is not the look i wanted.

i am aware of the standard 20mm drop the GSI MK4 comes with, so does this only mean the car has been lowered 10mm due to the standard 20mm drop?

My question is if i was to purchase the Eibach 50/30mm Pro Kit from LMF would i need new shocks.

Has anyone got these 50/30mm Eibach pro springs from LMF fitted and if so, could you post pictures please ASAP please.

Thanks
    I've got the Eibach 50/30 drop on standard shocks. Been fine with me.

Arden Blue VXR, Sat Nav, Climate, IDS+, 19"'s, AFL Xenons, Bluetooth, Keyless entry and push button start!

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    generally you would have to replace the shocks to be safer..

they will work on standard ones tho as has been done before but u do run i hogher chance of damaging wings if you bottom out or failure on shocks as they wer not built for that drop.

personally i suggest u get coilovers and that way u can make them sit exactly as you wish buddy..

like so

The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is lowered on eibach 50/30 springs only and has been fine on standard shocks.

use to drive arden blue gsi turbo.now sold
    239 bhp and 244 lb/ft
    bought astra cdti xp 150