......When i say NEW.
I had a small issue with the interior of the Astra, which caused it to look like this....
Under that seat cover i had this lurking.
Sorry for the crap pic.
I'd managed to wear the bolster on the drivers seat, a common problem.
So after alot of searching, and browsing on eBay.....
I'd even toyed with a full interior swap, but i really didn't want to go down that route as my dash and trim all tied into the OE seat colouring.
I managed to find Bazz (<- Top Bloke) on here selling a pair of front seats, they'd seen better days but i knew i could use them.
Bazzs' sale pic.
I drove down to Jtn12 of the M1 Saturday morning to meet him, and pick them up.
The drivers seat had chewing gum on the base, but the back is in very good condition. So the plan was simple, swap the backs and use the original bases. This had the added bonus if not having to take the seats out to do the swap.
I did disassemble more than i thought i'd have to tho.
I did this on Sunday and got rather wet in the process, but i'm very happy with the overall result.
Note these are later spec seats with the hook type tilt levers, not the straight levers of the damaged seat.
Learnt something new about the car too, never realised the headrests could be adjusted up so high.
Which matches the new black leather gaiters with red stitching.
I know plan on getting the Armrest retrimed to match.
I don't think Zoe was too happy with the state of the conservatory after i'd done tho.
This leaves me with a "problem", what do i do with the left over seat (which is worthless really)....
Note, Conservatory is now cleaned.
Tempted to make an office chair out of it, or make a "Playstation" seat....Hmmmm decisions decisions.
Blimey, two threads about my Astra in two weeks.