Thread: 55 Plate 1.9CDTI - recurring fault light

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

55 Plate 1.9CDTI - recurring fault light

I'm new to the forum and just finding how things work but am impressed with what I have seen so far.

I have a 1.9CDTI 55 plate Zafira but recently have noticed that occasionally the engine management light will illuminate for a short time before returning to normal (the light with the car and spanner) indicating a recurrent fault. Switching off the ignition when the light is on also seems to reset the fault. Along with this sometimes, but only sometimes, there appears to be a sluggishness about the car, especially at low revs, but this to seems to come and go. (Can feel like bad turbo lag!).

Have been told this is possibly an air flow meter (air mass flow sensor) problem. Have had diagnostic done with no rplies but fault light was not illuminated at time so probably was no fault then!) Most times car feels and drives normally so was wondering if anyone else had come accross same problem?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobd1002 View Post
    I'm new to the forum and just finding how things work but am impressed with what I have seen so far.

I have a 1.9CDTI 55 plate Zafira but recently have noticed that occasionally the engine management light will illuminate for a short time before returning to normal (the light with the car and spanner) indicating a recurrent fault. Switching off the ignition when the light is on also seems to reset the fault. Along with this sometimes, but only sometimes, there appears to be a sluggishness about the car, especially at low revs, but this to seems to come and go. (Can feel like bad turbo lag!).

Have been told this is possibly an air flow meter (air mass flow sensor) problem. Have had diagnostic done with no rplies but fault light was not illuminated at time so probably was no fault then!) Most times car feels and drives normally so was wondering if anyone else had come accross same problem?
    Welcome mate. The ecu should store the code for the problem.
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome, is the car under warranty? If so, then a trip to the dealers is in order.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately the 1.9 Cdti Zafira can be quite troublesome at times.

EGR valves blocking up (Astra too)
    DPF not regenerating (Zafira and TwinTop only)
    Swirl Flaps sticking (Astra too)
    AMF (Astra too)

All should be covered under warranty if less than 3 years/60,000 miles old.

Now if EGR's go, they tend to stay gone and your light will not reset.

DPF, again, if it's gone, it's gone, and stays gone, although I know someone whose fault light came on just as it was beginning to regenerate but after a few days. stayed on too.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Cheers

Less than 40K on clock and is till under warranty. Just worried they don't find the fault and charge ne for the privelidge without fixing the problem. Will call dealers and see if they know of similar before taking in.

Thx for replies so fast!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All the faults above are known faults, if they say they don't know, they are lying!!

About 2,000 VX's are off the road at the moment in the UK due to the EGR Valves alone!! A new modified part has been designed but a problem in production has made it being delayed.

The DPF problem is a biggy, I have seen, in some dealers, labels on the Zafiras in the showroom that explain about regeneration and why people who just do school runs and drive round town should be discouraged from driving them as it never gets a chance to regenerate!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose they envisaged people buying diesel's covering high milages, and not being used on school runes every day, didn't know about this problem .....

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...e-filters.html

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    on the DPF you should see the ones go on a burn
    when i had my vectra
    EGR
    DPF
    AFM
    all went pop
    also i dont think that the box was helping

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a different map wrote for my tuning box!

The power doesn't come on till about 2500 revs, just as the turbo kicks in properly, so it's a big kick in the pants when it does. So it's not over fuelling at low revs.

It doesn't want to regenerate half as much as it used to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    on the boxes I would go for a Remap now after the probs i have on the vectra
    you cant have a map on the box can you ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast