Thread: Lowering mk4 with ebay kit

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lowering mk4 with ebay kit

My rear shocks are going to need replacing soon, so been thinking going or a full kit.

Done some research and come across this one on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280155146719

Seen this one, or one similar discussed on this forum and seems to have some good responses.
    But im not sure if it will work with my alloys that I have due to the offset.

Astra 2001 mk4, 1.6 16v 5 door
    17" alloys ET40 offset with 250/40 tyres

Questions...

Is it going to rub due to my offset?
    How different will the ride be as at the moment its not the most comfortable thing in the world?
    I can fit the rear bit on my own, but how much will fronts cost to fit and get the camber checked o everything is lined up?

Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    offset is spot on so no worries here

think u mean 205/40 and not 250/40 lol

again, youll have no probs with the tyre size - ok u should ideally be running 215/40/17 as this is the standard fit tyre size for the Astra G but not a massive difference but seeing as u already have the wheels/tyres then no point changing them yet - but when u do need new tyres, try and get the correct size

the existing comfort of your car is probs down to worn shockers....i love this kit and have had it fitted for well over 2yrs and its still as good now as it was then. top notch and not to be sniffed at.

camber really shouldnt be an issue on the mk4 and i can honesty say hand on heart it will almost certainly not need adjusting - just drop it and see.

fitting time for the fronts should only be an hour or so for a garage but expect them to charge anything upto 2hours - circa £60-80