Well, today I decided to give it all a bash. I'm used to simply washing the car and giving it a going over with wax, so i figured i'd try out the new stuff I bought and see what happens. Thanks to everyone in my previous thread for help and advice
I don't have any before pics - I was too excited and in a rush to get started. So, the car was washed and then dried. The car's still pretty new so it looked good, i was a bit dubious as to how all the extra stuff would make any difference.
I took a scooshy bottle with some cold water and a blob of car shampoo (gaz ) along with my Sonus clay bar and got started. It's amazing just how much stuff these clay bars pull out of the paint work! Anyway, I started NSF and worked by way towards the back.. when I discovered this:
Needless to say, I was a bit pissed off! I called my usual tyre place but they were closed so here's hoping they're open tomorrow. I'll pull it out tomorrow and see if there's any real damage - I don't know how far in it is.
I clayed the rest of the car. During this, I dropped half my clay bar So it was launched skywards in a fit of rage (first the tyre, now this!). Carried on with the other half of clay. After this was finished, I set about the alloys with Hot Rims and a brush. Hot Rims was sprayed on all the tyres and then worked in with the brush. I used a scooshy bottle with water to help rinse off some of the Hot Rims. The car was then washed again with snow foam.
I don't have pics of every stage I'm afraid but, once it was washed again, I dried the car with some MF cloths. I then followed Gaz's advice and used the Megs QD on a panel-per-panel basis and wiped it off with another MF cloth. This actually brought the car up really well :
I then set about the car with a Megs Foam Applicator pad and the Col's 476s. Having never used this stuff before, I was pretty liberal with it.. and found out later I really didn't need to be. Reason being? - a) the car came up brilliantly in the areas I didn't use as much and b) trying to buff thick layers of wax off is agony on the arms.
I went inside for a coffee and a smoke to let the wax cure. After 35ish minutes, I was back out again and started buffing the car. I used a couple of MF cloths for this. It was a lot of hard work but boy it was worth it!
All of the pictures were taken on my N95 Black so they're not the best. In fact, some of them don't show how glossy and shiny the car is (coupled with a shitty location due to sunlight) Anyway! Here's the end results, enjoy :
This one shows just how glossy it is - it's reflecting light off the car onto the wall:
I started around 1:30pm.. and finished just after 6pm. So, about 5 hours work.
All comments welcome