Thread: Need help with Blaupunkt HU on Astra H

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Need help with Blaupunkt HU on Astra H

Just bought a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68 along with the Blaupunkt CANBUS adapter (7607589541) and Autoleads Fascia (FP19-01GUN).

All fitted and working but couple of issues and questions if anyone can help:

1) The Autolead Fascia makes the front panel of HU stick out and was wandering if I can get another fascia which flush the HU in a bit. This is because the Blaupunkt HU is almost a centimetre thick and needs to go in a bit. I know Blaupunkt do their own Astra H fascia (Part No:
    7 608 233 700) but can't find any dealer on the web with clear pics. Has anyone installed one of this, if so has anyone got any pics? Only thing I found was a PDF on a Blaupunkt's South African site: http://www.blaupunkt.co.za/html/prod...ges/pdf/58.pdf

2) I thought the CANBUS adapter would present the HU display on the main display screen above but it's not. All steering controls work though.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Vee.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Just bought a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68 along with the Blaupunkt CANBUS adapter (7607589541) and Autoleads Fascia (FP19-01GUN).

All fitted and working but couple of issues and questions if anyone can help:

1) The Autolead Fascia makes the front panel of HU stick out and was wandering if I can get another fascia which flush the HU in a bit. This is because the Blaupunkt HU is almost a centimetre thick and needs to go in a bit. I know Blaupunkt do their own Astra H fascia (Part No:
    7 608 233 700) but can't find any dealer on the web with clear pics. Has anyone installed one of this, if so has anyone got any pics? Only thing I found was a PDF on a Blaupunkt's South African site: http://www.blaupunkt.co.za/html/prod...ges/pdf/58.pdf

2) I thought the CANBUS adapter would present the HU display on the main display screen above but it's not. All steering controls work though.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Vee.

1) All of the fascia's on the market are very similar. So unfortunately getting a new one will not flush it in any further.

2) Only Alpine will have an adapter (still to come out mind you but we live in hope of it happening sometime before the next century or at least before the Astra I comes out!) to retain the display above, no other brand has this in the pipeline. So it is functioning correctly.