Thread: Someone on E-Bay using a picture of one of my conversions

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone on E-Bay using a picture of one of my conversions

Found this last night when I was surfing E-Bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra...QQcmdZViewItem

It's a picture I took a good while ago of a MFD conversion I did for Grahamscurrie.

Now I think it's not only a bloody cheek using an image I own but also misleading to present it as an effect you can get from using 2 plug and plays LEDs. That MFD had a multiple LED plate installed and is using 10 LEDs to get that effect.

I'm thinking the name seems familiar but can't think where I've seen it before. He's clearly nicked the pic from one of 2 websites it's been posted on so it's a good chance he's a member on this forum.

If he is can he please refrain from using my property to sell his LEDs.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah some cheeky gits out there.
    I asked Lee if i could use hisinfo selling a dimming mirror, no problem.
    I have just been asked to use my HID video for there website, no problem.

But for them to say you'll get the same effect

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some one was selling instructions on how to tint your head lamp surrounds on E-bay using a picture of the ones I tinted.....I recognised my carpet! It was some on here as well, noe of the info was theirs and I doubt if they had ever done it themselves either!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Politely cantact them and ask to either not use your picture, or acknowledge you on the listing.

I had the same, i found a picture of my cars engine bay in a Raid Strutbrace sale (Scottyboys car was used too)
    Politely contacted the seller to find it was Raid themselves as they didn't have a pic of them fitted to a car.

They edited the listing and thank us both for use of the pics.

Your other option is report it to eBay.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a cheek! I'd contact him first and ask him to remove it, then if he doesn't, contact ebay.
    Astra G, 1.6 SXi 2003 (Hatch)
    For pics of my car...Click Here
    Make Sure To Check Out My Autobiography & Garage!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've sent him a message through E-Bay asking him to remove it.

I'll be honest and say if he'd asked I would have refused as there are far too many sellers on E-Bay who promise effects that their products have no chance of achieving. As you won't get that effect from 2 plug and plays and it's misleading to say you will, then I wouldn't be comfortable being associated with that.

He also completely fails to mention the diffuser problem which affects every Astra after around 2000. Now as the Astras production run was 98-2004 approx that's the majority of them, so fitting white LEDs in the most common MFD would just give you another orange MFD.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i also had the same problem, some ebay scum had used a pic of my old car you could even see the reg, to advertise a set of side skirts.
    astra sri 2.0 turbo xp sports hatch

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I knew the name looked familiar, there is an member on here with the exact same name MMagic1.

I doubt it's a coincidence.

Can the mods do anything about this?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had the same a while back when somone used my car to advertise their headlight eyebrows. The daft bugger direct linked the piccy from my server pace so I just changed the piccy (several times infact)

Who remembers this?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    I've had the same a while back when somone used my car to advertise their headlight eyebrows. The daft bugger direct linked the piccy from my server pace so I just changed the piccy (several times infact)

Who remembers this?

ROFL!

I'll keep that tactic in mind!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast