Thread: Audio Build completed on my mates 07 plate Focus...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Audio Build completed on my mates 07 plate Focus...

I know theres a few people interested in Audio on here and ive posted up a previous install i completed on a starlet and had a great response, so i thought you lot may be interested in the most recent job

Finally after about 4 weeks on and off at 10 pm in the pitch black I mangaed to finish it. Heres the write up anyway, i've cut it down as short as i can so you can get to the finished article quicker
    To start with we ordered all the audio online, and a few other bts such as neons, PC Fans etc.
    We the designed the install on paper then tidied the design up on the computer, several designs later and we were happy with what we had planned so started to build the box...
    Framework & box floor...

A few days later and we had 3 seperate sealed chambers for the 12's and a nice frame to drape fleece over to get the shape of the box. Each chamber was fibreglassed with fleece and reinforced with glass, then sealed with resin arounf the edges...

It started to rain but do you think i gave up?? Haha dedication for you by here in the form of a gazebo!

Ahh, now thats the shape i was looking for...

Never leave your mate alone wtih a permanent pen and precious work...

Resin applied...

About 2 weeks later, several coats of filler, primer filler, sanding, primer, more sanding etc etc etc we got to this stage...

A little more sanding and a final coat of primer and it looked like this sitting in the car on its false floor and base...

Next up we gave it a coat of paint to match the Focus (Sea Grey)

Next up was the false floor sides and the back panel which was designed to hold 2 x Type S Co-axials...

Pretty little tiger fleece was used for fibreglassing - aint he cute LMAO

Next up a bit of a change of plan and the box went silver as the Sea Grey didnt really stand out against the rest of the install trimmed in black.
    The box was sound proofed inside and foam was used around the sub edges to make sure no air escapes, it was then all put in the boot and screwed down.
    So heres the final product...

The installs pretty loud so far although im trying to encourage Woolsey to break them ins lowly (that was never going to happen lol) It needs a few tweaks and some more lighting has to be added in time for the big cruise coming up.
    The PC fans are wired to the amp so they come on along with the amp to cool it down as it is hidden under a false floor. The voltmeter comes on when the boot opens and the lighting will do the same.
    Hope you like it anyway, im really impressed with the sound of the box, really punchy too for 3 12's! B)
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Now that

Is Impressive!

What has it been like with regards to panel rattle? I've seen many Fibreglass installs and all you seem to get is panel rattle!

Well done
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its doesn't make much difference whether the install is fibreglass or just MDF mate, your always going to get panel rattle, even with a fully sound proofed car you'll usually tend to get a bit. with the boot open this one seems aright, with the boot closed thats another story lol Its far from an SQ (Sound Quality) build so we didnt sound deaden, maybe a job for the summer as im hoping to do mine also.

Cheers for the positive comments mate
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice either you can work with fibreglass or not.
    Mates a dab hand at installs to Link

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work mate . Very impressive.
    ^Click above if yae are^
    >< Proud To Be Scottish ><

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fred666 View Post
    Its doesn't make much difference whether the install is fibreglass or just MDF mate, your always going to get panel rattle, even with a fully sound proofed car you'll usually tend to get a bit. with the boot open this one seems aright, with the boot closed thats another story lol Its far from an SQ (Sound Quality) build so we didnt sound deaden, maybe a job for the summer as im hoping to do mine also.

Cheers for the positive comments mate
    Yeah

I've got bad panel rattle, and want to kill it I hate it
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good shizzle jeff I might have to enlist your services if i can ever afford to do the ice in my car!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats smart as foooook, nice job mannie
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sktr4lf View Post
    good shizzle jeff I might have to enlist your services if i can ever afford to do the ice in my car!
    Give me a shout if you ever need me mate

Lee your mates work in that pink corsa(?) Looks lovely, nice to see soemthing different TBH I try and do something new with every install i do, keeps things interesting

Cheers for the comments.