This mornings task was to investigate a creaking/squeaking noise from my nearside suspension.
Wasn't sure if it was front or rear so the plan was to jack that side up and remove both rims.
Before lifting i always "crack off" the wheel bolts....unfortunatly this time the dreaded happened.
Yep, i've managed to damage my locking wheel nut key and one of the locking bolts has a chunk missing from it.
There's no room to force a oversized socket over the head, so tomorrow morning i'll start the drilling......
Starting with 5mm then working my way up to 7mm, 9mm and 11.5mm.
What's the chances i pick a puncture up in the next day or two.
On a good note, i managed to get behind the wheel and lubricate the rear beam and shock mounts, seems to have done the job.
Plus i've started to fit my new Black leather Gaiters (with Red stitching) and a couple of eBay purchases have turned up today.
An Astra 888 Brochure (the original Mk4 Coupe) and
a Lotus Carlton ICE module.