Thread: Body Paintwork Protection Film for Front Bumper etc.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Body Paintwork Protection Film for Front Bumper etc.

Hi folks... Wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I stuck it in here.

I wondered what everyone's views were on the various types of Paintwork Protection Film offered by different companies. I've seen this advertised in EVO Magazine and others.

Since getting into detailing at the start of the year, I've learned that many of the mainstream products and techniques are not the best, but just wondered if anyone had this on thier cars.

I can see the possible benefit of putting it on a brand new car when you get it to prevent stonechips etc. but the only place i've actually seen it myself is on the front of my sister's bosses' Porsche Cayenne, but the film doesn't go right to the edges, and you can see where it stops shy of the edges, and it looks a bit rubbish IMO.

I can imagine if it went right to the edge of the panels, and was invisible, that it might be quite a good idea. I wondered whether it covers the contours of the panels easily, and whether it is easy to apply too.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have Paintshield protection on my VXR, fitted in Grantham.

It covers front bumper, full bonnet, front of the wings, mirror covers, and rear load area.

It's not the prettiest of things if you look closely, but it's largely invisible.
    Is it worth it ? - undoubtedly yes.
    It does'nt go to the very edge, and a part of the front bumper is covered instone chips at the edge where its not protected. Just from that alone you can see it's worth doing.

I'll get some pics of it when I can, wife has the car today.
    (been fitted for a couple of years now).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to get paintshield on my gsi's front bumper but they said they couldn't do the GSI they could do the mk4 888 coupe though which is strange. they said they couldn't even do it as a one off. They gave me the details of another paintshield type of company and they couldn't do the GSI either.
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque