Thread: Direct line and churchill question.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Direct line and churchill question.

Is it true that Direct Line and Churchill will not insure anyone under the age of 25 with modifications to there car? Was looking at some quotes for next year (i know its a long way away ) but was just looking at how much i need so i can put the money in the bank so i defo got it. I got quote 1100 for a 18 year old 1 years no claims on direct line, and 1000 with churchill with the same, both standard cars, now it says that any modification to anyone under 25, they can refuse to insure you car.

Also where do you young drivers out there insure your car with mods and how much if possible. THanks all!!!

I drive a 1.6 Astra 8valve, currently shared with my mum, but will be insuring on my own next year as mum plans to get a different car.

Thanks.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your correct, they don't insure ANY modifications! Most people tend to go to Adrian Flux for cheap modified car insurance!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey_AstraMk4 View Post
    Was looking at some quotes for next year

Your quote will most probably be completely different in 2 months, let alone 12

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer its true!

wont touch anyone under 25 with alloys unless they are factory fitted! which is stupid cos A.) they make your car slower and B.) They make it more nickable but i doubt the thief is gonna care how old you are!!

i jus gotta wait till i can change my insurance company which aint gna be till nxt year!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try bell/elephant/admiral, they will all quote with modifications,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey_AstraMk4 View Post
    Is it true that Direct Line and Churchill will not insure anyone under the age of 25 with modifications to there car? Was looking at some quotes for next year (i know its a long way away ) but was just looking at how much i need so i can put the money in the bank so i defo got it. I got quote 1100 for a 18 year old 1 years no claims on direct line, and 1000 with churchill with the same, both standard cars, now it says that any modification to anyone under 25, they can refuse to insure you car.

Also where do you young drivers out there insure your car with mods and how much if possible. THanks all!!!

I drive a 1.6 Astra 8valve, currently shared with my mum, but will be insuring on my own next year as mum plans to get a different car.

Thanks.
    If your mother insures the car in her name at the moment then any NCB will be gained in her name though. You may get a second driver discount with the company your mum is with just now but other than that you would start from scratch.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i did realise that after i did it, but its too late now, i think next year if she still needs teh car ill insure it, and have her as a named driver, cant wait another year to get some beasty alloys.