Originally had my boost gauge in the din slot but due to a change of plan with the center console I had a bash at putting the gauge in the air vent....
Seen this done a few times on AOC so thought Id give it a go myself.
Firstly I removed the air vent and cut a circle in the center, firstly started with a small hole and then increased the size until the gauge fitted. Once in place the gauge was not flush with the slats on the vent so I cut away half of each slat so the gauge would sit deeper in the vent.
Next step was to fill around the gauge with some filler. Taped off the gauge face and the surrounding ring to keep things un-marked. Left this over-night to harden.
The difficult part of the project was the sanding down of the filler. Had to be very careful whilst doing the wet-and-dry to not damage the gauge or any wiring. Took a while but got there in the end!
Once dry after the wet-and-dry it was time to spray. Used three coats of primer making sure to sand down after each coat. Left for a couple of hours and then applied the Vauxhall Black spray. Three coats in total and the finish was pretty good. Not 100% pleased with the finish so didn't worry about applying any lacquer, will finish off later this week.
Placed the vent but in the center console and was a perfect fit again. Just had to then feed the pipework up from the din slot and also extend the wiring for the buld.
With the job finished I was very happy
Im also now the proud owner of the carbon airbox cover which was on ebay (many thanks for the bargain 888rich)
If any AOC members are interested in the gauge fitting I may start producing these if there are any requests, feel free to PM me.