Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

C20LET Hesitation when on boost

G'day all.

I've been having a few problems with my LET when on boost.

With the Amal Valve connected it wont boost above 10PSI. At 10PSI there's hesitation and the fueling goes lean, like its being cut or throttled back. If I connect the vacuum hose from the turbo to the actuator it boosts fine and fuels correctly.

Originially I thought it was a fueling problem but I've replaced the injectors and pump/filter. There is a problem when the fuel is low as it happens more often but this is overcome when I have more than 1/3 tank.

So, the Amal valve seems to pulse at 10PSI for some reason. No ECU light.

I was thinking about a MBC but I'd like to fix the Amal valve problem first so I know there are no other hidden problems.

I've tried 2 Amal Valves. Currently running Evo5 chips.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need to sort out the fuelling issues first. Have a look at the swirl pot and see if there are any problems in there. 3 common problems:-

1. The small filter on the bottom falls off and that causes low fuel pressure.

2. There may be an obstruction stopping the fuel entering the holes at the bottom of the swirl pot

3. Swirl pot has come loose and is not at the bottom of the tank (most likely)
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The problem was there with the original pump and the uprated pump so I don't think its number 1.

2 and 3. Is there an easy way of checking this or is it just a matter of removing the pump then diving in through the hole with a torch?

It had a new tank about 6 months ago so I'm guessing the problem started then (before I owned the car)