Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

idiot drivers

i hate some people

driving out for a works gathering tonight in brum , there is a long road which takes you into the centre on birmingham which is 3 lanes wide. some twonka in the middle lane decided to take a right turn whilst i was going past him, he was slowed down to about 20 mph i was doing 30, he never indicated. i swerved best i could to avoid hitting his car (wish i hadnt of bothered) but he still took side of my car out and i ended up smashing into a kerb about 9 inches tall, the twonka was quick to admit fault when we pulled up and said he never seen me and he was lost i told him that limo black tints arnt the best way to see out of the window at dusk, as he was youngish he wanted to settle without insurance, (on his moms policy and all that malarky) so i took his details and off i went, an hour later he calls me up and decideds he wants to go through ins, fine by me i said ill ring my ins tomorrow tell them youve accepted responsibility etc..... with that he replies NONONO it wenrt me mate it was you . i said whatever i have two witnesses in the car so whatever.

what do you think? he was in middle lane, turned with no indication.
    limo black tints
    tried to bribe me will it be invstedated or will they just pay cause that car is my lively hood its my workmobile my car is only worth around 1k an will need complete o/s may get written off?? i jus dont know cause the little weiner is going on like a nob now AND TO ADDINSULT TO INJURY, HIS GAY PLASTIC WING IS ALL THAT IS DAMAGED AND A SCUFF TO HIS GAY WHEELS! THE FOOL ALSO HAD HIS PREGNANT G/F IN CAR driving like a fool my rant is over im going for a cup of tea

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    He already admitted liability at the scene of the accident. Life doesn't come with an "undo" button
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but its my word against his isnt it? and probably his butters of a g/f

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    He changed lane without due care and attention, and drove into the side of you. That's why you should never rely solely on your mirrors when changing lane or pulling out

Of course I don't know the whole story, but I would say it was his fault for not checking behind him properly before changing lane. He drove into you.
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go and slap him about abit till his rings his insurence and gives you a ref.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tbh mate his tints were illegal, he was in the wrong and tried to bribe you. you should of rang the police there and then.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i should of rang the police now, looking back, but tbh i was more bothered about my car and passangers, one other q i have, i have £1000 excess on my ins, if his ins pays out do i still have to pay my excess?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Typically you will have to pay your excess as your insurance firm will fix your car. They will then try and get it back from the other insurer which can take a while - be warned your insurance firm may say that they wish to settle 50-50 which means you take half the liability and also lose your excess and NCB. This happened to me before - I ended up taking the other driver to the small claims court where I won.

Did you take any piccies on your phone or owt?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is why i always carry some paper and a pen and would get the other person to sign saying they accept liability before i let them go,

people always try things on like this,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    this is why i always carry some paper and a pen and would get the other person to sign saying they accept liability before i let them go,

people always try things on like this,
    I'd be amazed if you come across many people who would sign anything to say that as most insurance companies forbid you to admit liability otherwise they may invalidate your insurance.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast