Thread: engine misfire

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

engine misfire

I have had about 4 diagnostic test done, each time coming up with misfire on cylinder 1, i have had spark plugs changed and serviced and new coil pack fitted, car is now running crap until you get to 40mph then it runs fine a further diagnostic test saying misfire on cylinder 1 again could someone help please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do a compression test next
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had the same prob 8/9 months back,eml coming on every 2/3 days, same as yourself coil pack x2, plugs etc. compression test ok, Main mech. took control of the situation and his assumption was due to Mrs. very low milage 2K per year, but used daily on short trips the oil is never heating up properly causing mis fire cyl 1. He gave it severall engine flushes, oil and filter replacement and recommended same every 6 month.Sure enough 6 months later mis fire cyl 1.Cleaned again but last week,only 2 months same again.Gave it a clean and running ok at the moment.
    It may not be the solution to your prob but it may help.
    Any other suggestions welcome
    Tam

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks the car is booked into the garage again on Tuesday he is going to do a compression test on it, our car is only used on short trips everyday sometimes get a longer run at weekends so thank you for that advice as well. Somebody also mentioned to me yesterday about the egr valve but would that come up as a different code on the diagnostic test?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your comments had it at the garage yesterday and they treated it for a sticky valve they put wynns lifter treatment in the engine and cleaned my egr valve and replaced the gasket, car is running great now hopefully it continues to, this is a great site kept it in my favourites for the next time (hopefully not for a while) keep up the good work