Thread: egr valve!!!! (cdti 150)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry egr valve!!!! (cdti 150)

My car started acting up just before easter(loss of power between 1k-3k revs), took it to vx to be told that the problem was the manifold and it wouldn't be fixed until after the bank hol, but they had no courtesy cars so luckily not being at work thought I could do without the car for a few days left it with them.

Rang them on the tues after the bank hol was told they had ordered the wrong parts and it wouldn't be fixed until the next day. Rang them on the wed saying that if the car wasn't fixed today I would need some form of transport to get to work and was told they still had no courtesy cars, and the car would be fixed on the wed.

Recieved phone call wed afternoon saying car was ready, so....
    went to pick the car up got 2 miles down the road. EML came back on and still has no power phoned the garage up and miraculosly a courtesy car had turned up for them to provide for me. I had the courtesy car one day for them to tell me the EGR valve is the problem and they dont know when they will be getting any in.....It has been three weeks tommorow and still dont know when I will get my car back

Is there really a world shortage of EGR valves or are vx pulling my pi55er....sorry about the long rant just want my car back

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    There could be a recall on the EGR valves or they may be replacing them with updated versions to stop this problem from reoccuring. Or they could genuinely be out of stock. I don't see them being made in England most probably China and shipped in. If theres been a delay then I'd expect a shortage as most car companies use a JIT (just in time) ordering system so as to hold minimal stocks to free up their cash flow.

Good luck on getting it sorted and perhaps phone Vauxhall customer service and complain. You never know you may get some Irmscher goodies as freebies or at least a free service
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Jam, just frustration will call them and see what happens ....
    just missing my pride and joy at the mo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    I can fully understand mate definately worth calling Vauxhall Customer services and spinning them the tale of woe. Seems awefully strange that the EGR valves are out of stock for so long. Why not phone another garage to see if they have them instock. Something don't smell right to me.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The EGRs are pretty pants, and will be shared with all the other engines that particular part is used on - there really is a huge backlog.

The same engine is used in Fiats, Alfas, Saabs and all the various Vauxhall/Opel cars. Bosch are probably going flat out building them.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Egr

Hi Guys, been having a prob with my EGR for about 6 weeks so got fed up last week and phoned vauxhall uk and asked what the score was, once they were told i knew about the mess in Uk with these valves they said they will give me a courtesy car till the prob is fixed, picking it up on Wed, my local garage while on the phone arranging this told me there are no valves in the country so might have the courtesy car for a while, all this must be costing Vauxhall a fortune, maybe if everyone phoned they would get the finger out and find a solution. Its no my local dealer that is going to supply the car its vauxhall uk through Enterprise so give it a try, saves out cars for the good weather !!!!!

SXi Stu
    theres a how to on AON to take these off and clean them mate so they dont clog up and cause probs. I doubt you need a new one, just needs a clean.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to hear you're getting a loaner.

I bet Fiat are getting some serious earache from GM over this dodgy EGR and inlet manafold problem on these engines.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    3 weeks eh..took 'em a year or so with I don't know, a dozen visits to their garage, for my dealer to sort out issues with factory LPG stuff.

Good luck getting or sorted!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    New, modified EGR valves are on backorder from Vx, however whilst the delay exists for the new valves there is a strip/clean up bulletin that the dealer should be fully aware of and carrying out to get the valve unstuck and the car back on the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast