Thread: 1.7tdi mil light and poor idle

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.7tdi mil light and poor idle

The problem seems to be a poor and noisey idle, and the engine managment light is on, the car starts fine and runs ok, seems to drive fine but it seems quite heavy on fuel, when you allow it to tick over it gets noisey. I took it to a local garage for diagnostic testing and they found a damaged wire to the barometeric sensor which they repaired (soldered badley so I re soldered it and heatshrinked it ) for £75 expensive I thought but you have to pay. Ran the car for a day and the problem is back checked the wiring and it's still ok contacted the garage but there too busy until saturday to look at it. Has any one had a similar problem and could advise on any checks I could do to check out the sensor. As i've only had the car a couple of weeks not too sure what the fuel economy should be like.
    Also i've just done the head gasket and had the head skimmed as the water was very sludgey,tried a second hand maf sensor and erg valve and map sensor .The problem was there before I did the head so it's not something i've caused
    thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Similar problems here with a 1.7cdti Astra. 54plate with 24000miles. Lookers don't know how to fix it and can't give a definite price, they also refuse to cover it under warranty. There seems to be a major problem with the 1.7cdti from the number of posts on this forum.
    Vauxhall Customer Service are useless, they just give my details to the local garage and will not listen.