Thread: 02 astra 2.2i se2 just abit of advise.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

02 astra 2.2i se2 just abit of advise.

Hello first of all, thinking of buying a 2002 Astra 2.2i 16v SE2 its done and just wanted abit of advise on what to look out for?

Iv been looking at one and really like it but not had it on a test run but all going well think ill have it, its done 60k got FSH which iv not had a look over yet. Just been reading through what people say about theres and looks like people don't have much trouble with theres which is just what i want after having nothing but trouble with my last current car.

So any feedback be great

Cheers all.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just take it for a good long varied test drive, make sure you start it from cold, and that it heats up properly, theres a thread somewhere on this in the mk4 section

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have exactly the same car also on an 02 plate and I have had it since new and have no intention of changing it all. Partly due to the fact it has been totally trouble free and has nearly done 50k.It gets serviced every 12 months and has sailed through its last 3 mots.Its good on fuel and it still looks a great car after 6yrs.I wouldn't change it for the world and believe me I have had many opportunity's as I work for Vauxhalls in Ellesmere port.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What about when times come for a new clutch, what sort of price will i be looking at parts and labour?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cant answer that sorry,I only work in the factory not at the dealership.I'm sure someone will answer your question soon with a price. My parts are 50% discounted but I only buy the parts from them and don't let them do the work...