Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitting Tweeters?

Hey all,

I'm facing a new nightmare! How on earth do you get SPL Dynamics 6.2 tweeters to fit in the standard front door location? They're too big to fit and I can't see any adapter that will keep them in place.

What's the trick?

Also, how is the wiring structured? I cant see inside the door enough to see if the tweeter/woofer are on separate channels via a crossover box, or are they simply on the same wire but split? If on the same wire, is it OK to tape up the stock tweeter connector and use my own wiring from the SPL Dynamics crossover box?

Thanks!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate when i did my components i had to cut bigger holes for the tweeters and i used the wiring i got with the speaks to hook them up

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just gotta cut the hole bigger till they fit.ill get some pics of mine up for u

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    If your saying your tweeters are to big then you will have to cut the panel and use one of the adaptors. Mine aftermarket tweeters fitted ok with a bit of hot glue

The standard speaker wiring just splits off into 2 so use the wiring that goes to the factory woofer and run that to the crossover and then back to the new woofer and tweeter
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    If your saying your tweeters are to big then you will have to cut the panel and use one of the adaptors. Mine aftermarket tweeters fitted ok with a bit of hot glue

The standard speaker wiring just splits off into 2 so use the wiring that goes to the factory woofer and run that to the crossover and then back to the new woofer and tweeter
    Thanks, that's what I did. Same setup as my Fiesta (and I guess most cars).

Cool, I thought about cutting the holes bigger (I even bought spare mirror covers off ebay just in case I messed it up!) but I manged to get them to fit my modding the foam block slightly. It's a very tight fit, but it works so far. Now, the faff of getting the card back on! lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, so far not too impressed. Ive got the 17cm SPL Dynamic in the front left, and with the standard vauxhall speaker in the right (only had time to do the one).

So far the SPL Dynamic seems to be quite a bit less powerful/bassy than the standard speaker. Will they improve when I get the rest of them in? IE, is the standard speaker holding back the new SPL speaker?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need to amp them then fit some sound deadening to the doors and beef up the plastic adoptor rings with fibreglass or sound deadening

pointless fitting aftermarket speakers without an amp imo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by autoSRI View Post
    you need to amp them then fit some sound deadening to the doors and beef up the plastic adoptor rings with fibreglass or sound deadening

pointless fitting aftermarket speakers without an amp imo
    OK cool, will do.

I've been looking at subs (I know I said I'd never buy one lol), so I may as well hold on and get a sub and a 4 channel AMP to power both the sub and the component speakers.

Can anyone recommend a decent sub and amp (that will power the sub and 4x components) for ~£200 max?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    JBL used to do 6 channel amps but your probly better just buying a 4 channel for all the comps if you want to amp them all (i dont personaly but others do i dont listen to music from behind me i only want it infront of me) and buy a mono amp for the sub

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by autoSRI View Post
    JBL used to do 6 channel amps but your probly better just buying a 4 channel for all the comps if you want to amp them all (i dont personaly but others do i dont listen to music from behind me i only want it infront of me) and buy a mono amp for the sub
    Yeah, I'd probs only want to amp the front two come to think of it.

So then I'd need a two channel basic amp for the front comps, and a mono amp for the sub?

Something like this:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe...ve-p-5386.html

and then an amp for the front?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast