Thread: rinsing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rinsing

has anyone heard of a pure water rinse system? i think its supposed to remove any chemicals from the water, like a brita type of thing?
    no comment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wtf..........

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tap water is not pure. i'm sure i have seen a filter that fits inline on your hose to make it pure. i'm doing a search on it at the mo. i know i sound mad but bear with me
    no comment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...&pcode=ZYMAG00 this is what i mean. a de-ioniser!
    no comment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know they do a lime scale filter thing

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buy a reverse Osmosis unit, Or goto a fish shop and buy RO water, I buy 25L at a time for my reef tank and costs £3, A RO unit would be far more economical in the long run though, Then your as close as you can get to pure water.
    08 5Dr Design, De-badged, VXR Style pack, Window Tints

55 1.7cdti Astra Van

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Jumping on the water thing

Whats water like from a de humidifyer? Any different/ better to normal tap water?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess, in theory, the water from a dehumidifier could have pollution and crap in it that is normaly airborn, I say that as before is passes over the cooler and condenses in the bottom of your unit it is just airborn moisture. Although before it becomes airborn it would have evaporated leaving inpurity's behind, hmm but posibly picked up airborn smells and pollution. Dare you to drink it?
    08 5Dr Design, De-badged, VXR Style pack, Window Tints

55 1.7cdti Astra Van

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a full Reverse Osmosis setup in my garage which gives me 75 gallons of zero parts per million water per day...This will be upped to 2000 gallons per day soon and they are of the utmost importance to me......They work by taking a water supply which is fed through a pre sediment filter which removes sand , grit or any large contamination which is found in the water then the water is passed through carbon filters which purify the water down furthur so that only small traces are left... Then the most expensive part is the semi permeable membrane which is like a microscopic sieve which the water gets forced through at high presuure to remove the remaining particles land gets the water down to a PPM of around 30.......Now after this there is a unit called a di unit or deionisation which basically poluishes the water and has + and - particles in the resin which draws the ions out of the water to get the water down to zero ppm...

Now

what does this all mean??

It means this.....

The water is now free of anything humanly possible that can cause contamination , fluoride , calcium , phosphates , chlorine everything and this includes all anti bacterial agents the water companies put into the water to keep it healthy when you drink it so its only good for 24hrs.....BUT if you pour this over a black car on a 90 degree,s heatwave of a day it will dry and leave nothing on your car almost as if it was never there.....try this with tap water and you will have spotting and stains everywhere.......Why do i like this?? Because its soft on my paintwork , i do not get water runs from wing mirrors etc and i love the velvety taste and drink nothing else!!!

Oh and i have the cleanest kettle and iron in the uk!!!

I also use it for my 5ft and triple hexagon tanks aswell..

Aquagleams as mentioned above are ok but not cost effective because once the resins are filled up its a throw away jobby and at £50 a time a waste of money to me.......For under a £100 you can get a system plumbed into the mains by self tapping and this will work off an independant tap in the garage....I have had mine going for 10 years now and has cost me in total £200 in filters in 10 years about £20 a year for a presediment filters and one new semi permeable membrane.....Very cost effective.....
    Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDesign View Post
    I guess, in theory, the water from a dehumidifier could have pollution and crap in it that is normaly airborn, I say that as before is passes over the cooler and condenses in the bottom of your unit it is just airborn moisture. Although before it becomes airborn it would have evaporated leaving inpurity's behind, hmm but posibly picked up airborn smells and pollution. Dare you to drink it?
    Absolutely NOT!!
    Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast