Thread: dash lighting help?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dash lighting help?

hey,,, right firstly i have got an astra sxi mk4 on a 52 plate. i wanted to change the leds in the clocks because the previous owner has but blue bulbs i and they flickered on and off and some dint light up. so i brought some of the twist in leds from oddjob to replace these. i removed the unit from the dash so thati could take out the blue bulb and swap them over to realise that the blue bulbs where little leds that had been wired together with i wire connecting them to a live cab somewhere? i disconnected all this and then put in the twist bulbs but they dont work. i have changed them the other way and tried twisting them but still dont work however i know the bulbs work because i tried them all in the mfd thing thats got millage on and they all work fine on there has anyone got any ideas where to help me please as i do alot of night drving and i cant see my clocks anymore lol thanks.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anybody?.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    job done thread can be closed. after hving a good look i noticed that the connection on the wiring loom that goes to the back of the dash clocks one of the wires was cut. reconnected it all and there working fine now

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    A little over half hour is a bit much to be expecting a reply, posting in the right place might speed up the reply to

I can only assume that this extra wire that was on the orgional LED's was because for some reason powers not getting through to them
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no they wasnt proper pleds they had been put there badly installed and connected up they was not the twisted led just normal ones solverd and all connected together the live cable had been cut off the circuit and then they dodgy led had been solvered to that wire. i have solved it now anyways thank you. so no need for any help anyways. but thanks.