Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XENON fitted- now TC and ABS light comes up !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

XENON fitted- now TC and ABS light comes up !

Hi there,

This is the problem (a pretty strage one):

Two weeks ago I fitted a xenon kit to my Astra coupe turbo. All was smooth and easy but the TC and ABS light poped up from time to time, especially when the car was cold (if shut down the engine after 10-20 minutes and restart the car, it was ok, no lights).
    I thought it had nothing to do with the xenon but to make sure i removed the xenon and put back the halogen buls...still the TC and ABS lights comes up. So I put the car on tester, it says that the ABS sensor from the left front wheel was faulty. It was the weekend so i said i'll go to service on monday. But the lights didn't poped up anymore after a day !
    I put the car on tester monday, it showed the error, but after erasing it, all was ok.

So last night I fitted another xenon kit (a different one) and guess what: when the car is cold TC and ABS lights poped up again...

Any advice will do since I'm the dark here

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is an ABS sensor located behind the front nearside wheel. disconnect this and make sure that the pins inside have not been pushed back, therefore not making a connection properly.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know what you are saying...but it only lights up after i fitted the xenon...twice...so it's no question about...the xenon is the cause.....
    anyway, can you post a picture; where i can find the sensor ? should I remove the wheel to find it ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone ? please

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    improper grounding of the xeons could be leaking a little current into the sensors. make sure that al the 0v connections are actually 0v
    Astra: Drive it like you stole it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah sounds like some sort of wiring prob to me check the wiring is all as it should be
    ...IVE GOT ALZHEIMERS BUT AT LEAST I HAVEN'T GOT ALZHEIMERS...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are they an aftermarket HID kit?
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes, after market...but the first kit that i fitted i sold it to a friend of mine who owns a coupe 1.8...no problem in that car , only in mine...

the wiring is pretty simple, just conect the + and - of the xenon directly to the coupling of the headlight...can't do anything wrong with it...

i'll try to ground the negative wires of the xenon directly to the car, not through the couplings of the headlight

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elspa View Post
    yes, after market...but the first kit that i fitted i sold it to a friend of mine who owns a coupe 1.8...no problem in that car , only in mine...

the wiring is pretty simple, just conect the + and - of the xenon directly to the coupling of the headlight...can't do anything wrong with it...

i'll try to ground the negative wires of the xenon directly to the car, not through the couplings of the headlight
    If this is a turbo you will have a trip that will do a break check which measures the resistance at the lights if the ballast is not showing the trip the wright resistance then you will be a wash with lights. disconnect the xenon's to see if the lights go out if they do double check the connections try again if you get the same problem. new ballast will be in order.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that's the problem....i've tried 2 type of ballasts, the same thing happend....
    plus this type of xenon works on another coupe, a 1.8, with no problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast