Thread: I'm free!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm free!

handed in my 4 weeks notice at work today, feels like a massive weight off my chest as the job,bosses and general work organisation was awful. I haven't had a grilling about it from my bosses yet, but i can see that coming next week, its so tempting to be candid and honest about my reasons for leaving, especially after what was pretty much the week from hell!!

So i'm feeling damn good about not having a rubbish job anymore,but slightly concerned about having nothing lined up!

So at the end of april i'm packing up the astra and moving back into my mums place for a while and hopefully landing some sort of CAD/design job in bristol

the race is on to find a job before i have to part with the car!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    be brutally honest mate, it'll feel good.

as you've already handed your notice in, the last thing your bosses will want to do (if they've got any sense) is start making your life a misery purely because you're brutal in your grilling. if they do try to make it worse for you though, then just threaten them with a tribunal for discrimination, on the basis of the fact they're victimising you for handing your notice in

bit like if a woman tells her boss she's pregnant, she's suddenly untouchable no matter what she does - she can always play the discrimination card.

good luck with the job hunt hope everything works out well for you. being unemployed and with no money is no fun at all.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    best of luck in the job hunt. I know how you feel, I stuck it for about 4 years at a job which just got more and more awful until it was just plain intolerable, it was such a relief to finish with the evil boss and get a new job and basically a new and better life with a boss who valued me as an employee and showed appreciation, was firm but very fair, and is a truly lovely person. I was heartbroken when she retired and had to close the (small) business, but that gave me the opportunity to start my own business and be free of the tyranny of bosses, it was nice that my last one was the best in the world though!

have a huge *HUG* and keep your chin up, stay positive, be cheerful, keep smiling and you'll find the right job will find you if you keep the good attitude, good things will happen to you.

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Snap i handend a weeks notice 1 week and 1/2 ago but told my new employer i had to give to weeks notice and there honouring my weeks hol april1 to april7 so i start aprill 8th working at VW parts department in hudds im so glad to have got out of my old job hated it enuf said.

good look in your new job anyway buddy.

Chris