Thread: Pollen Filter - Astra G Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pollen Filter - Astra G Sport

Well today I dropped my car in for the mot and for a service at the same time I bought the service kit from LMF. The oil filter was wrong, but I can't fully blame them as I was too lazy to get under the car and look, I couldn't see it and couldn't be arsed to get dirty looking for it. And my mechanic says the Pollen Filter is wrong also.

Apparently it can't be squashed enough or something, I would give it a go but after reading the guide, that's a lot of effort for a bloody filter and I’m pretty bad(Correction Horrible) at these type of things for it to not fit. So are these Pollen Filters different for each type of bloody Astra?

I have a 1999 Astra Mk4 1.8 16V Sport 5 Door and I bought this service kit - http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16428&cat=0&page=1

£144 for Mot + Service (Did clean the TB Though) and £185 Tax today, Car = Cash Always Required . And he doesn’t even charge me VAT.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC all the pollen filters are the same

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had the same problem once.

A few companies list two pollen filters for the MK4 astra but one is the wrong size.

i get mine from autovaux from now on and they have always sent the correct unit.

Im not 100% sure but i think one may be for the Zaffy and on for the Astra but they are not interchangerable.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Zafira is different but all Astra-G pollen filters are the same - you won't get a choice at a Vauxhall dealer! I get mine from the dealer, avoids postage costs!

The LMF service kit is badly worded - generally only the 1.8 uses an engine oil filter cartridge, the 1.6 and 2.0 use a spin-on.

Plugs and fuel filter should be changed at 40,000 miles - so should the air filter but it's not in the kit!
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe