Thread: New Brake Discs & Pads Astra Coupe SE2 1.8

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Brake Discs & Pads Astra Coupe SE2 1.8

I have had my car since new, and at 50k miles i needed the brake pads changed all round. A couple of people suggested i might need the discs done too, but I thought they would be fine.

The car has now just turned over 75k miles (I'm getting my money's worth out of this car by driving it everywhere lol) and the brakes don't feel as responsive as they once did, is it feasible that it will probably need a full set of discs and pads all round now, and if so, how much is this likely to cost?

My days of doing things like this are well over as I can't be bothered anymore, so i'm happy to pay someone else to do it. Is it best to put it to the VX dealer, or try and let my local garage do it?

Just after a rough idea of cost to work out how soon I can afford to do it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    source the parts ur self - ebay is best and get a local independent garage to fit them if u defo dont wanna do it ur self....i can change discs/pads in about 5mins now so expect a garage to charge no more than 1 hr labour or 2 if they're taking the piss.

Do u just want original spec discs/pads? If so let me know and I'll find a good set....local motor factors are also good price wise - expect to pay about £45-50 for front discs/pads from either ebay/local factors

Dont bother with Vauxhall unless u really wanna be ripped off head to toe.

Indy garages are usually roughly £40/hour so £100-120 all in would be a good estimate.... Defo source the parts yourself tho.

280mm 5 stud discs & pads - all 5 stud mk4 (except turbo) are the same so u cant go wrong. pads are shared between all 280/308 mk4/mk5 models

HTH

**Heres an example of parts delivered for £45
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra...QQcmdZViewItem

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vauxhall used to do an excellent value "service kit" for Astra-G - disks and pads for less than the price of pads alone - don't dismiss them until you've checked.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe