Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CDTI (150) service

Hi,

I have just picked up an Astra SRI CDTI (150) with just under 10k on the clock and a year old. Should I have an interim service? or wait for the light to come on? what are the implications for the warranty?

Sorry if stupid question!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Welcome Tom.

Well mate first of all its probably not had a service since new. So IMO it will be crying out to have its oil and filter changed. But at the end of the day mate its your car and your money to do with as you wish. IMO I would. I do, every 10K oil and filter change and mines a puney 1.6. But the thing is my car is my daily driver and I need it to be reliable and well looked after as I'm still keeping it for a while to come. But if you can't afford it mate or don't intend on keeping the car long then its up to you I suppose.

As for warranty, it will still be intact regardless. However if your looking to take on the warranty extension by Vauxhall or the paint guard warranty thing then you have to have it done pretty much every year or 10K without fail and has to be done at a Vauxhall dealer. IMO Vauxhall would give the job to the apprentice as its a nice easy job. Because of time constraints and budget he'll be rushing to do the job to. So if you happy to wield a spanner mate then D.I.Y and save yourself some money and do the job properly. I very much doubt the extended warranty would be worth it any way. (Just my opinion of course).

Welcome to AOC Tom. Hope you enjoy it here. Put some pictures up of the car when you get time too. We appreciate all astras new and old modded or standard.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, fully agree with jam - fresh filter and 4.25 litres of Vauxhall's finest 5W30 Long-Life Fully Synthetic will do the car a wonder.

If you're changing the oil, do yourself a favour and go buy a few feet of fish tank pipe (1/4"). Fit it to the little pipe on the side of the oil filter so the oil drains out and doesn't dribble all over the exhaust.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Guys appreciate your help! I'll post some pics soon